Chpt.23 - Ruined (Went wrong?)

Jake POV

"Don't ever worry me like that ever again, Johnnie." I whisper, brown eyes looking at blue ones as our lips touch.

Our lips moved together, slow and pastel, in perfect harmony. And suddenly, it was like something that was missing this whole time, was found.

My world spun, my heart pounding in the warmth the kiss brought, so foreign, but so familiar at the same time, and so right.

It felt like the ground beneath me had disappeared and i was floating on the softest cloud imaginable. The only thing keeping me grounded in my reality were my hands on Johnnies shoulders.

As i pull away, i keep my eyes closed for a few seconds, only to open them to Johnnie's wide-eyed face. Johnnies face is unreadable, and then it happened.

It all came down.

Regret filling my guts.

I had kissed my own fucking best friend.

Without asking.

What if he didn't want it?

What if that one (but amazing) kiss ruined everything?

Shit, shit, shit, shit.

Suddenly a soft hand reached for my shoulder, pulling me out of my thoughts. Now looking at Johnnie in the eyes, he had a soft look in them.

A look, i haven't seen before.

Then, he smiled.

Wait, what?

"Jake," Johnnie whispered.

"I'm sorry. I propably made you uncomfortable, shit. Fuck! I'm so sorry Johnnie. Please forgive me, i didn't mean to do that, especcially without asking-"

"Jake." Johnnie interrupts my rambling.

A hand cups my face and Johnnie-

He's kissing me again.

It's like i felt the excitement all over again, except this time the kiss was much gentler. Johnnie pulls away and i look at his flushed face.

"Jake," Johnnie starts. "Why-..why did you do that?"

"I-" How do i even explain this?

"I'm not..sure? I don't know, i just-.. Ugh. Johnnie, i like you. For a long time now. You're beautiful, with a gorgeous personality, your style is perfect, everything about you is perfect, and i understand if you don't feel the same, but-"

Johnnie starts chuckling silently which makes me stop talking.

"Jake, i like you too. Calm down."

"What?" I breathe out.

"You- you like me too?"

"Yes, you dumbass. I've liked you for a long time. So, no. You didn't make me uncomfortable."

Well..what?

Oh, you know what?

Fuck that shit.

"Well.." I take a deep breath in.

"Will you..go out with me, Johnnie?"
I can see a smile slowly creeping on to Johnnie's face.

"Of course, i'll go out with you."

By the end of Johnnies sentence, there's a big smile on his face.

"But.." Oh my god, why is this so hard?

"Does this mean that you're... like, my boyfriend?" I ask him, not even noticing that i'm fidgeting, but of course, Johnnie notices.

He takes my hands in his and looks at me in the eyes. It's almost impossible looking away from his piercing blue eyes, that feel like they're trapping you in the best way possible.

"Sure." Johnnie shrugs.

"I'll be your boyfriend Jake."

Oh my god. He said..yes?

He said yes!

Feeling too happy to do anything else, i kiss him again.

And at this moment, i knew that i made the right choice.

521 words.

-OMG THEY DID IT!!!

-I'm writing this in school XD

-I'm so sorry for not updating earlier, since summer is coming,i have a LOT of exams so i'm busy atm.

-Also i posted it on accident without editing, so if a notification came, sorry!

-SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER!

bye chat