Chpt.8 - William : Good or Bad?

This chapter was bound to happen sometimes?

William POV

People may think i'm just as bad as Jack, but in reality that's not true.

I never wanted to be friends with Jack. Jake was a good friend and i don't mind him, but Jack, Jack is the worst friend you can have.

See, i'm a people pleaser, which makes me useful to Jack. Jake never said anything bad to me, but i don't think he knows that i didn't want to be friends with Jack.

Jack is the type of guy who manipulates you, uses you and does whatever he pleases.

Jack is also, not really wealthy, but he's defenetly not poor.

My family on the other side, has harder times, trying to keep the money coming. My mom workes as a janitor, and my dad works for Jacks dad.

The reason why i'm too scared to do anything, you may ask?

Well, Jack knows about my mom being a janitor and is his dads favorite, so Jacks dad will always listen to him. Ever since Jack found out about my parents jobs, he has always made fun of me because of it for his own entertainment.

If i do anything that i like and he doesn't, or if i don't do anything he asks, he threatens me, that he will either tell the whole school where my mom works, or he will tell his dad to fire my dad for some stupid, made-up reason.

Before i moved to San Jose, i was bullyed a lot in school, because everyone knew that my mom was a janitor. And i didn't even understand what was so bad about it.

I, on the other thought, was never hit, or done something physical. So whenever, i see the emo guy being bullied by me and Jack, i can't help but want to sink into the ground. I know how bullying feels, and he has it even worse, so i can't believe, how he can keep up with his life like that.

So that's it.

That's the only reason i still talk to Jack. For my sake and my familys.

Ever since Jake "went away" from our "friend group", Jack has been angrier then ever.
Only talking about Jake and the emo guy.

I think his name is John? Johnnie? Yeah, Johnnie. Jack usually calls Johnnie "the emo freak".

Jack's always talking about how stupid Jake is to not talk to them, how dumb it is to talk to Johnnie, how weird Johnnie is, and how Johnnie will pay for taking away Jake.

The way Jack talks about Jake, seems almost... obsessive?

There's barely anything other that we talk about other then Jake and Johnnie.

It's getting rather annoying to be honest, not that i will ever say it.

'Ugh, look at Jake being with that freak' this and 'Why is Jake being with that ugly emo today?' that.

Like bro... stop.

Today i was walking to school to see Jake and Johnnie walking talking and Jake glaring at anyone who looked at them weird.

'Honestly, good for them.' i think.

I look away as Jake caught my eye and raised an eyebrow.
I suddenly heard a buzz in my pocket.

I look at my phone to see a message from Jack.

Jack: Not coming today, look out for what the emo does today. Tell me later.

I roll my eyes.

Me: ok

-Seen by Jack-

I close my phone and keep walking.

I sigh, atleast i don't have to see crying today.

Johnnie POV

Jake, of course, decided to be with me the whole day.

Even though i told him 'It's fine.', he didn't listen.

He would always answer 'No, it's not. I will not tolerate seeing you being bullied.'

So i just left it alone.

To be honest, spending the day with Jake wasn't half bad.

Jake would strike up a conversation, ask me a question and when i answered it, he would talk about something else, so i don't have to talk, which i like much more.

Questions were asked like : "What's your favourite colour? Wait no, that's a stupid question, it's black, isn't it?"

When i answered with a small smile "Yeah, it is." Jake let a shaky laugh and smiled. "Thank god, for a second i thought i was wrong."

Then he went on talking about what colours he likes and how genders shouldn't mean what colour you should and shouln't like.

When it was class, Jake would walk me there, wave goodbye with a smile and run off to his class.

After he would be outside waiting for me.

The whole day was like that, and surprisingly, no one said a word to me, which for me was a huge relief.

Maybe that was because i found out that Jack wasn't at school and William wouldn't do anything alone.

But still, it was honestly a good day.

While i still anxiously looked around, a bit scared to see someone looking at me, pointing finger, etc, Jake would always see and put a gentle, comforting hand around my shoulders.

After school, we said goodbye and i walked home for a few minutes, when i saw a guy with blonde fluffy hair, smiling at me.

Okay, creep?

The day felt so good, that i didn't even feel the need to cut, which was very weird, since i usually don't have these types of days.

I ate a little, trying not to throw it up, studied, noticed it was already 11.30pm and went to bed.

My last thought awake, was 'Maybe i finally met someone who actually cares about me.'

939 words.

-The way Johnnie thinks in this fic and also irl, is so much like me, it's crazy 😭

-Propably a Jack POV coming soon