Chapter 2

Today is finally my big day. My party. I'm finally 18 and I get to be free in a couple of days. Maybe even today if I'm lucky. I never liked living by my parents rules. I have no idea why. I don't think most people even like living with their parents. I'm one of the most people. 

I walked downstairs with Lina still her, going into the kitchen where plates of breakfast were already on the table for Lina and I. There was a stack of pancakes with 2 candles in them, just for me. My mom and dad were sitting at the table, waiting for us. For me. 

I took a seat at where the stack of pancakes were, my parents and Lina staring at me. My mom took the lighter and lit the two candles, singing happy birthday and waiting for me to make my wish. Now everyone has different wishes. Don't judge me.

I made the wish of having a rich, handsome, hot husband. I did say everyone's wishes are different... I blew out the candles as the three of them clapped their hand together. It finally quieted down and Lina and I started eating. 

===

Lina and I were in my room, getting ready for my day. I put on the short blue dress I bought yesterday and did the rest of my morning routine while Lina did hers. Today is my day...

===

Shopping is my favorite thing to do in the entire world. Especially the shopping spree I earned today.. Money well spent. Well, not my money of course. I picked out a long sparkly dress for tonight's auction. What kind of auction? No idea.

Lina and I went upstairs to change and do our makeup for the night auction, excited. I put on my long, sparkly, beige dress with my long gloves while Lina put on her knee length, blue, sparkly dress. 

Lina and I went downstairs and were greeted by my parents once again. My mom grabbed her purse and we all walked out of the door, entering the large limo that was waiting for us. 

========

We arrived. The sound of classical music filled our ears. We looked at the huge chart for our assigned table and took a seat. Lina and I stayed at our table booth whilst my parents went to get drinks for themselves. 

By the time my parents got back, the auction started. There were all these fancy paintings and dresses. A bunch of other fancy things too of course. My attention was brought somewhere else when my mother nudged my arm.

"Go up those stairs over there and behind the curtains. There's a surprise for you"  My mother said to me. I got out of the booth table and went over to the stairs my mom pointed to. I walked up them and went behind the curtains, one of the crew members putting a string necklace on my neck with a number in the front. They then directed me to another spot to stand, the curtain opening seconds later. 

I was greeted by, the same crowd I was sitting in? Am I being... Auctioned?