Chapter 6

When I heard that Ryan hired me a personal assistant, I thought it would be better than whatever this assistant is. This assistant is an annoying person who thinks that she's my best friend and leaves whenever Ryan comes home from work.

Ryan walked into the house as she walked out, coming to sit besides me on the couch with papers in his hands. "What are those?" I ask as he hands them to me, skimming through how many pages there are. 

"Just sign them" Ryan replied, handing me a fancy black inked pen as I took it out of his hands and signed the papers, handing them back to him. "Thank you" He said as he took the papers out of my hands and left the couch, leaving me by myself. 

Suddenly, the chef came in. "Miss, would you like me to cook you something?' He asked as I nodded in response. "What would you like?" He asked. " Surprise me" I replied as he went into the kitchen and started to do his work. 

Minutes later, he came out with a fancy grilled cheese and a glass of sparkling water, setting it on the table that's in the living room. "Thank you" I said, smiling. "You're welcome" He said, leaving me to be alone once again. 

I started to eat my food in silence and finished it in silence, peacefully. I went upstairs afterwards, meeting Ryan's eyes as I entered the bedroom. I laid on the bed besides him, tapping his arm. He turned his head, our eyes meeting each others once again.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, rubbing his tattoo's that are on his arm that I tapped. "Nothing, love. Sorry for acting like that. It was just a long day" He replied as I nodded my head to show that I was listening.

"I get it, Everyone had rough and long days. No need to apologize." I said, softening my voice and reassuring him. He nodded his head to show that he was listening. I never thought that I would have a conversation about this in my life.

A few hours later, he shut his laptop and turned off the light, turning on the fan and moving down. He scooted closer to me as I was already sleeping and wrapped his arms around my waist, falling asleep shortly after that.

================

I woke up to an empty bed, no sight or feel of Ryan near me or in the bedroom. I got out of bed and did my morning routine quickly so that I could go to find Ryan. I went downstairs and into the kitchen, seeing Ryan sitting at the dinning table and sipping his coffee.

As he heard footsteps, he turned his head towards me. "Good morning love" He said. "Good morning" I replied, rubbing my eyes while still being tired. He scooted his chair back, patting his lap and signaling for me to sit on him. 

"I'm to heavy Ryan" I said quietly, embarrassed. "No you're not, Kylie." He said, patting his lap once again. I finally gave in and took a seat on his lap, adjusting myself and getting comfortable. He put his head on my shoulder, looking at the table where his papers are. 

Minutes later, I got up off his lap and got myself a cup of coffee, taking a seat in the chair besides him. About 30 minutes after that, he put his jacket on and left after we both said goodbye to each other. 

Now here comes my new "best friend"