✩ Really Hot ✩

Chapter 12 ~ "Really Hot"

EDITED.

✩ ✩ ✩

Akira's POV

"So when are you going to be back from the wedding?"

"A few weeks." Ayan replied.

Chased nodded, "Unfortunately, I won't be able to come. I was looking forward to it, but this month is busy, and it's tougher since the venue has changed to India."

I zoned out againas they continued to converse about mybrother's wedding, completely ignoring my presence. The continuous obliviousness to my presence began tonight after Chase found out that Ayan and I were associated prior to merger.

When Chase had stumbled back our table, for the first few seconds he remained silent and simply stared at us in confusion. I was quite terrified that he would ask about the incident, assuming he heard our entire conversation, but to my relief he simply asked if we had known each from before.

My mouth opened and closed unknown to the answer I should provide my boss, while Ayan had smoothly jumped in claiming that he was my brother's best friend and we had known each other from childhood, smartly leaving out details of our animosity towards each other. And since then, Chase's questions didn't seem to stop, varying from why we hadn't told him about our relation, to aimless topics.

Ayan hadn't even glanced my way since earlier, most probably bitter from my statement earlier. I didn't mind Ayan's ignorance, Chase on the other hand, seemed to forget I was present before pulling me into some arbitrary conversation.

Another hour had passed, and I was ready to escape this tedious dinner and drown myself in a bottle wine.

Clearing my throat and grabbing the attention of both men, "If it's alright with you gentlemen, I'd like to retire back home." Concern made its way across Chase's face, and before he could raise worry, "I simply a little jet-lagged and have to work on the presentation as well," I lied reassuringly.

Chase furrowed his eyebrows before looking at his watch. His brows shot up seeming to finally noticed the time, as it struck just past 11.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Akira, I completely lost track of time. Let me drive you home." He exclaimed, smiling apologetically. My attempt to smile failed as I grimaced and thanked him.

As we both stood from our seats, Ayan spoke up. "Mr. Greyar, I do believe you mentioned having work remaining back at the office?"

I suppressed a groan watching Chase's smile faltered, "Yes, but that's alright. I'll drop Ms. Kapoor before heading my way there." He replied hesitantly.

"Wellington avenue, right?"

Chase nodded on my behalf. I clenched my teeth.

"That's unnecessary, I'm headed in that direction anyways so I can drop her off. And Greyer Corps is in the other direction." Ayan replied, nonchalantly.

"That's quite alright. Thank you both for the offers but I'm sure there is a taxi I can find right outside." While I smiled at Mr. Chase, I did not doubt Ayan to detect the hostility hidden in my voice.

"No it's alright, Akira. I have no problem dropping you off," Chase repeated, but I could see him wavering below Ayan's words.

The devilish man in turn simply rolled his eyes, "If you're worried about her safety, I think it is better to remember that I've known her for almost two decades now." He arched his brow, continuing on. "In fact I should be the one concerned about her if you were to take her home. What would I say to her brother, if anything were to happen to our sweet little Akira."