✩ Drama Department ✩

Chapter 3 ~ "Drama Department"

EDITED.

✩ ✩ ✩

Akira's POV

"Hurry up you guys!" I shouted from the passenger seat of Adhaya's BMW. We were parked in front of "The Chopra" house, waiting for my other two best friends to finally come out.

Shanaya and Meera. Two sisters who had made their way into my life back in high school. Shanaya and I had instantly clicked, when we were groaning about the sweaty gym workouts that we had to do. Our similar personalities balanced us. Meera on the other hand is a year younger than us. But her kind and down to earth self, was the final piece to our group. It was hard when I moved out, missing Shanaya's witty comments, Meera's sweet laugh, and Adhaya's amazing advice. They're a huge part of my foundation.

"We're coming" Shanaya called with Meera behind her closing the door, interrupting my thoughts. They both were dressed beautifully for summer with Shanaya was wearing a pair of  shorts, with a navy blue and white striped shirt and her hair in a high ponytail. While Meera was adorning a pink blouse, white skinnies, and her hair left open. 

"Missed you babes!" I jumped out of the car to give them both a hug.

She squealed. "I'm so happy your back" returning my hug. "We have so much to catch up on."

I gave her a wholehearted smile and looked over her shoulder. "Meera! How are you?" I asked Meera.

"I'm great! Better that you're back now." She giggled. 

"Guys, I kind of want to leave before my wedding!" Adhaya hollered from the car. Abiding her request we quickly filed into the car. Once settled, she backed out of the driveway and took off onto the road. 

"Hey do you guys mind if we take a quick stop somewhere before heading off to the mall?" I raised eyebrow, as telling her to go on, "I want to stop by Fraser View."

We all snapped our heads to her direction. She kept her eyes on the road ignoring our expressions. "Why in Bhagwan's name would you want to go back to high school?" I breathed, pushing back all the memories.

"Yeah. I left that place without a glance back." Shanaya chimed in. Meera just nodded her head in agreement. 

Adhaya sighed, "remember Stella?" 

At our nods she continued, "Well I found that she's a chemistry teacher here, so I wanted to give her an invitation to Kabir and my wedding." Oh, that's understandable. 

After about five minutes the car was parked in front of Fraser View Secondary, AKA the hellhole. Don't get me wrong, I love school. That's how I got into Stanford. But never was I a fan of the dramatic high school experience, and the bad memories attached to it. Thankfully, my school didn't have any of those cliché story plots, yet it was kind of impossible for a school not to carry drama like it's their baby. Especially if they are morons like Abhi, Kabir, and the one who shall not be named, ruling over it.

"Okay guys, lets head in." Adhaya said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Can I stay here?" I whispered looking out the window. I could feel their gazes on me.

"Yeah Adhu. We'll just stay here and you go?" Shanaya bargained. 

Adhaya sighed, "Come nah Kheer. You can't keep running from everything. We'll just be dropping the invitation and be out in a blink. Please."