✩ Home Sweet Home ✩

Chapter 1 ~ "Home Sweet Home"

EDITED.  

✩ ✩ ✩

Akira's POV

I think I'd lie for you,

I think I'd die for you,

Jodeci "Cry For You,"

Do things when you want me to,

Like controlla, controlla

Yeah, like contro—

 I felt a tap on my shoulder, and twisted to face who acknowledged me. "Excuse me mam- can you please turn off your phone, we are about to land" quickly informed an air hostess. I nodded and she scurried off to her own seat. The seat belt sign, then was turned on. I took my headphones off and promptly buckled my seat belt. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain speaking,we have landed at Toronto Pearson International Airport. The temperature outside is 19*C and the local time is 8:30 pm. Hope you all had a safe and pleasant journey from Los Angeles to Toronto. Thank you." After that announcement, I felt relieved and a sudden jolt of excitement. 

Finally off that plane, I stretched my muscles. Walking through the familiar airport, I smiled to myself, while quickly picking up my bags from the conveyor belt.

"Oh God, where is he?" I moaned to myself while waiting with my luggage at the arrival lounge.

"Akira! Over here!" I snapped my head towards the direction of the voice as he came running towards me.

" Kabira! hey..." before I could continue he cut me off with a hug and his complaining.

"God, it's been so long. Missed you and that idiotic nickname." he grinned, pulling away and grabbing my suitcases and leading out the door.

He gave me a cheeky side grin, pushing us to his parking lot, "so...kiddan?" 

"Dipper." I rolled my eyes as he let out a short laugh.

"Please. I'm classy."

"Sure you are, dipper." Just as we reached, my eyes widened at the beauty in front of us. 

"Damn Kabir. You sure this is you're car? Stealing a car is a federal offence." I smirked pointing towards the fancy, grey Porshe Cayman.

"It's actually a provincial felony. Forgot that I'm a lawyer?" he replied, with a smirk. "And just got this baby two months ago."

I rolled my eyes once again, before seating myself into the luxurious passenger seat.

"Ok, now lets go." he hollered, after putting my luggage into the car and jumping into the driver's seat.

"You didn't tell anyone I was coming right? Because I really want it to be a surprise." I asked, checking through my email.

"No I didn't tell anyone that you're coming so, shanti."

"Fine" I let out a breath, realizing that I was meeting my family after three years abroad. A frown slipped itself onto my face as I remembered the time after graduation when I had moved to California to complete my education and get a degree in business at Stanford. I shook my head slightly to clear away the depressing thoughts that were breaking their way to the surface.

"So how is the company coming along?" My brother questioned, shaking me from my thoughts.

"Great, I got a promotion! Moving to the London firm now."