✩ Haldi ✩

Chapter 14 ~ "Haldi "

EDITED.

✩ ✩ ✩

Akira's POV

"Aku! Meri kudi agayi!"

A grin spread across across my lips from hearing the familiar voice. "There's my favourite woman! How are you bibi?" I exclaimed, running into her open arms.

"Mein teek yaan. Hai meri puth, kinee pathli yogi!" My dear, you're so skinny!My grandmother hollered, grabbing my face in her palms.

I grinned in reply, "Don't worry, feed me as many gobi parathas as you want."

"Teri maa tho kuch kham nahi kardi." Your mother doesn't do anything.She muttered under her breath, just as my mother came running out the large maroon doors decorated with flowers and lights.

"Beta tu agayi." She smiled, giving me a hug, and the next thing I know, I'm being engulfed into the arms of many. Tall or short, uncles and aunties, or even younger kids, who I assumed were distant cousins. Each time, I managed to get out a 'namaste' or even an 'nice to meet you', before I was pushed to the next.

"Akira!" This time, I was completely thrown of balance, by a big bear hug from my big bear-like brother.

"Oh my god! Kabira, it's been forever." I drawled into his shoulder, "I'm like so happy to see you again." Everyone began rushing back into the house and to the still pending work.

I could practically feel him roll his eyes, and then he whispered, "I need your help."

I pulled away with a raised eyebrow, "With what?"

"Sneaking me into yours and Adhaya's room at midnight."

I blinked. Then blinked again. Then burst into laughter, "Oh my god, they have you on curfew?"

"Technically, they're restricting me from meeting her."

"Man, you gotta love traditions." I guffawed, wiping a pseudo-tear.

Shooting me a glare, he whisper-yelled, "Will you please just help me?"

"Pay for all the street food I eat during the trip?" I challenged with raised brows.

He hesitated for a minute before replying with a "Fine."

I grinned in reply, patting his shoulder, and stepped around him to make my way inside.

"Akira! Thank god you are finally here!" Meera rushed up to me. Meera and Shanaya had left at the same time as my family, and happened to be my only friends that could attend the wedding under the sudden changes. "It's been so hectic around here. Come on, Adhz is waiting."

"And running around the room trying find her earrings." Shanaya piped in.

I rolled my eyes and let them lead me, trying not to bump into the busy bodies scurrying around the house.

We made our way upstairs, walking down a familiar hallway.

"Found it! Finally found the damn earring!" Adhaya's muffled voiced squealed just as Shanaya walked into the last room.

"Oh my god! Yay!" Shanaya shrieked sarcastically. I chuckled making my way inside with Meera following behind.

Adhaya turned to face us, surprise look on her face as she noted my presence. "Akira! You're here!"

"Hey baby!" I drawled seductively, before grinning and engulfing her in a hug. "Seems like you'll be playing Juliet tonight." I whispered in her ear.