✩ Turkish Inamorata ✩

Chapter 17 ~ "Turkish Inamorata "

EDITED.

✩ ✩ ✩

"Stop pacing, you're giving me anxiety."

Turning on my heels, I shot a pointed look to Ayan who stared back lazily with his legs freely propped up on his suitcase. He simply raised an eyebrow at me before shifting his gaze to the person in the seat across from him. I glanced as well at Kabir who couldn't sit still on the plastic chair in the waiting area. His fingers subconsciously played with the ring on his finger as his knee jumped excessively.

"Kabir, do you want water?" I asked hesitantly, crouching in front of him.

He dismissed me with a stiff shake of his head.

I sighed, "You didn't eat or drink anything on the flight. Let me get you something to eat."

He finally looked up to meet my gaze just before I was about to get up. I froze helplessly at the sight of his strained red eyes. "I'm not in the mood."

I pursed my lips, "You can't go on like this."

His gaze hardened, "Get out of my face before I say something I regret, Akira."

I closed my eyes and breathed out my mouth before attempting to console him. "She's just upset. She will understand once we get back home...Or you could still return back to India?" He eyes burned with anger and he stood up rapidly, giving me a startle and shooting me off balance.

"I'm not going back home without our sister. It doesn't concern me that Adhaya broke it off, even after I told her everything. And our parents will understand once they see her again." He ran his palm down the length of his face, "I don't have energy for this."

"Where are you going?" I hollered once I jolted in surprise, but Kabir continued to walk down the terminal without replying. I exhaled a breath.

"Let him cool off," Ayan said from his relaxed position, eyes focused somewhere over my shoulder. "He's frustrated, understandably so. Especially at both of us."

I bit my lip, shrugging off the upsetting thoughts and turned to Ayan directly. "So are we meeting your source?" I questioned, throwing him off at my abrupt change of topic. His eyes flickered from mine for a quick second before venturing back to their original interest.

"We'll be meeting my source's source soon." He said dismissively before standing and sauntering off. I narrowed my eyes at his retreating figure in attempts to wrap my head around his statement before I blinked in understanding as he approached a pretty girl with rich blonde locks. He leaned against the airport map she was previously studying before he annoyingly disturbed, although it didn't seem like she minded the company. I scoffed at his player antics, unknown to the frown settling on my face.

I slouched into Kabir's previous seat, moving our bags closer to me with my feet. I was sure I looked like an idiot with my legs fumbling around, getting entangled with the luggage straps. After five embarrassing minutes I finally managed to get almost all suitcases close enough.

"What the bloody hell are you doing?" A voice asked incredulously. I looked up to see Ayan looking down at me with a look of disbelief.

"Back already? Rapunzel rejected you so soon?" I snickered, pulling the final bag within reachable range and crossing my arms in satisfaction.

He rolled his eyes and fell into the seat across me, but not before showing me his phone with a phone number on it. My eyebrows rose as I read the name he labelled, "Istanbul?"