✩ Atomic Confessions ✩

Chapter 16 ~ "Atomic Confessions "

EDITED.

(This ones for my awesome readers that have stuck around for so long, waiting for my lazy ass to update. )

✩ ✩ ✩

"It's been five minutes. Are you going to speak?"

"Give me a second. I can't just..." he huffed.

I sighed before leaning against one of the towering windows. After we exited the hall, I led Ayan from the lobby to one of the smaller connecting corridors, hidden away from prying eyes. "Ayan, you practically yelled at me earlier in the room, and now your uncertain whether to tell me."

"I have to tell you, I know that."

"Then just say it." I said, trying to keep the irritation off my face. 

He visibly took a deep breathe before beginning his revelation. "Do you remember the last day in London, where I left during our lunch?"

I huffed in slight annoyance, "Yes, because you had somewhere more important to be."

He didn't react to my gibe, seemingly stuck in the zone. "Well, I had someone contact me, asking to urgently meet."

"Who?"

"Classified information."

"Ayan." I shot him a sharp look.

He sighed giving me a pointed look, "Their only request in exchange of the info was that I keep the identity anonymous, so please don't fight me on this."

I pursed my lips, resisting the urge to argue, and nodded for him to continue.

"The person didn't give much explanation, but they definitely knew Rhea."

I waited for him to continue.

He looked straight into my eyes, "Akira...the last time they saw her was three years ago."

Ten seconds passed. Then thirty. Then two minutes. All I did was stare at his face which was growing worried by second. 

"Akira?" I didn't reply.

"Akira say something. You're scaring me." 

I shook my head. "Did you just say three years?"

"Yes."

"She died six years ago, Ayan."

"I know."

"Don't you dare joke about something like this." I hissed.

He took a step closer, eyes blazing with worry, "Do you think I would do something like that?"

"Well how do you except me to react? You just told me that my twin was apparently seen three years ago by a person — whose name you won't disclose—rather than dying in front of our eyes at that airport. That's complete bullshit!"

"Akira, you need to calm down, and listen to me." He iterated, resting his left palm on the wall beside my head, causing me to flinch back.

It was then that I noticed how close we got during the conversation, with my back pressed against the window edge, and Ayan's face only two inches away from my own. I looked at him with wide eyes, but he didn't seem to notice, as he continued to rant on. "...I've been worrying myself over how I should tell you. So do me a favour and hear the whole story before reacting irrationally as you usually do."

I placed my hands on his chest—surprising Ayan—and pushed him away. "Ok. But give me space Ayan. I need air." 

Finally realizing, he took a few tentative steps back creating a proper amount of space between us.