✩ A Radical Force ✩

Chapter 9 ~ "A Radical Force"

EDITED.

✩ ✩ ✩

Akira's POV

Time is such a confusing concept to understand. At times, it flies by at the speed of light, and other times it enjoys the pace of a snail. 

Right now, I couldn't understand what speed it was passing at, whether slow or fast. The whole week seemed quick, but there were some aspects which were dreadfully set back. The conversations between Kabir and I were still limited, remaining on courteous speaking terms. Most of these conversations relied heavily over the dinner table, often asking  to 'pass the roti' or 'can you give me the achar?' 

It was terrible. 

And those awkward moments were the ones where I felt time slowing down on purpose. 

As most other siblings, we never had an air of awkwardness around us, omitting that fact that he was engaged to my best friend. Quite honestly, our terse discussions were giving me anxiety, but I had no idea how to bring us back to the way we were. One of us was definitely going to have to be drunk for that to happen. 

All I wanted was my irritating brother back.

Releasing a sigh, I sipped on my coffee, waiting for my boss. To continue our conversation about the merger, I was patiently waiting expecting Mr. Greyar to arrive. He called me yesterday, saying he was in town and wanted to set a meeting with me. Reason as to why I was sitting in a café near his hotel.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. I walked in the wrong direction, before finally realizing ten minutes later that I was lost." Came a voice above me.

I look up to come face to face with my boss. I released a light laugh, "I did offer to meet you at your hotel."

He rolled his eyes, before settling in the seat across from me, "I should have accepted."

Grinning, I watched as he ran his long fingers through his dirty blonde hair to fix the messy look. 

"Did you run?" I asked in disbelief, only now noticing his slightly red cheeks. 

"I was already 15 minutes late to meeting you, so of course I ran here." 

"At least you're not in one of your uncomfortable suits." Taking note of his casual attire. 

He chuckles, before requesting a waitress his choice of caffeine. She eyes him, and with a smile rushes behind the counter to prepare the drink. I shake my head in amusement, understanding her excitement. 

"So how is your brother's wedding preparations going?"

"It's going really well actually. Of course excluding my mum's panic-y reactions to every small detail." He laughs. 

"That's great! It must feel lovely being back home."

Having all my feelings thrown in my face? Yeah, what a ball.

"Sure is." 

"So when is the wedding?"

"It's in three weeks from now. It is kind of hard to believe that my brother's going to be a married man in soon." I exclaim, taking a sip out of my frappé.

"Well, give him my congratulations."

"Of course. So how long are you going to be in Toronto sir?"

"I have some other business to attend to here tomorrow, so I'll be leaving tomorrow night. And don't call me sir, Chase is fine." He replied with a breathtaking smile.