✩ Adhaya's Intro ✩

Chapter 2 ~ "Adhaya's Intro"

EDITED.

✩ ✩ ✩

Akira's POV

"What?" mom asked, at the same time as Kabir murmured something that sounded quite like an "ouch."

"Mom, did you forget? I already made a pact with Adhaya that I would be her Maid of Honour. We planned this ages ago." I answered with annoyance.

"Wow, I can't believe you're abandoning your brother, to help the bride." Kabir feigned a hurt expression, placing his palm over his heart.

"Well it's not my fault you're getting married to my best friend, is it now?" I questioned, placing my hands on my hips. He rolled his eyes. 

"Get over it."

"No."

My mother shot us both her 'mom' glare, before facing me. "Okay, I understand. And since you are here days early, you girls need to shop. Adhaya was waiting for you so she could shop for the honeymoon," mom exclaimed clapping her hands together in excitement.

"Oh god! Women and shopping." Kabir groaned, I rolled my eyes. "Anyways, where's dad?"

"Oh dad went to work, he had a meeting. Not everyone has time to sleep till 12." I said while mom held back her laughter, and Kabir glared. 

"For your information, I wake up early, daily. Just got a few days off so I'm making up for the long nights of work."

I rolled my eyes just as the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." I called out while putting my glass on the counter and running to the door. I cringed at my appearance as I walked by a mirror on the wall. Praying the person on the other end wouldn't be blinded by my frizzy hair, I opened the door. 

With wide eyes and a joker smile, I through my arms around the guest. 

"Adhaboo!"

"Kheer!" We laughed at our age old nicknames. "Babe, you're finally back! As soon as Kabir told me last night, I wanted to jump through your window."

"Then why didn't you?"

"You were apparently sleeping and probably jet-lagged."

"When has that ever stopped you?" 

"True." Another round of laughters later we made our way back into the living room.

"Adhaya beta! Come in. We were just working on the list." My mom addressed while moving over on the couch to make space for her. I looked at her to find her silently glimpsing around the room, most likely looking for my brother.

"You're getting married in a month and still acting all shy. Just ask where your groom is."

"Shut up Kheera." I chuckled.

"Oh he ran upstairs as soon as he heard Adhaya's voice!" my mom replied chuckling. I tried to hold back my laughter, but failed horribly. I could see Adhaya's cheeks turning crimson as she blushed. I'm impressed how my brother finally cared about a woman's view, especially Adhaya's. 

"Akira, let's go shopping?" Adhaya asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I sent a wordless nod.

"Great. Get ready, I'll call the girls until then. They'll be so happy to see you!"

"Yeah. I'll be down in twenty." I announced, walking to my room.

I grabbed a pair of jeans and a white crochet top from my suitcase before heading into the bathroom for a shower. After getting dressed and dusting on some light makeup, I blowed dried my hair and left it as it naturally was. Picking up my purse, I dashed back downstairs, to my awaiting best friend.

I noticed Kabir in the kitchen, talking to Adhaya, his hair still wet from the shower. "Well, you look much better than you did in the morning. Seriously, haven't you both been married for like eight years already? Why even bother with these fancy events?" I chuckled, while the two sent me death glares. "Okay, sheesh. So, where's mom?"

"Sabzi lene gayi hai." (Went to get groceries)

"Well, don't wait up." I said looping my arm around Adhaya's.

"Fine, bye."

"Don't miss me too much." I smirked as he frowned.

"Just go already." he groaned while we both headed out the door.

✩ ✩ ✩

Well guys I hope you like this chapter. I know this is short, but eh. 

Please comment, vote and check back for updates <3

xoxo,

loveYJHD, out *drops mike*