Codex15111

He sat in his room, waiting. When Wren didn't return, and Phantoms failed to materialize, Codey did what he'd normally do and hooked up.

Tonight, he didn't want to meet his friends, preview the latest enhancements, or play Death Star; instead, he wanted to plan a virtual date.

If his date just happened to be a five-foot-six girl with lush dark hair and the most unique brown eyes he's ever lost himself in, so be it.

In his alternate reality, he walked along the street on New Day, a celebration hosted online each year by New State. It involved some of the most amazing technical displays that each area created, whether online fireworks or light shows. There were also the world's perfumes and techno-music of the city AI orchestra.

His date was in awe and peered adoringly at Codey.

It only got better as the sun bloomed in the sky while in his hook-up, the evening had only begun. Codey took his date to a restaurant where that sat you at the window so as to watch small airplanes take off and land. While most travel for meetings was done via holograms, there was still the need to transport of food and other commodities.

Dinner conversation flowed when he asked her opinion and went on for hours without pause or awkwardness. They had the same likes and dislikes. She understood him on a deep level and sympathized with his problems.

In his hook-up, Codey was a skilled pilot, and after dinner, he taught his date to fly an airplane.

As they took off, and he flew her over the city at sunset, flew her over the mountain ranges that held the rebels, he hoped this was the best first date I'd ever been on.

That day, Codey received a demerit for being late to school.