Chapter 5

There had been more kidnappings. But Rorke made sure I couldn't see them in case I tried to resist his orders again. People had now started to be reported missing and it was all over the newspapers.

Rorke had me locked into a room and I was being injected with some liquid I didn't know. All I could hear from overhearing conversations were "he's gaining more control again I want a stronger dose on him this time" and "if he finds out the truth I'll kill you"

What was he on about? The truth? What truth?

Then a syringe was injected into my neck and I blacked out.

--

I woke up a few hours later. My body was in agony. I looked around and I was in a pit. I was soaked in rain water. My mind was a blur and a few names kept racing through my head but I didn't recognise them.

Hesh, Keegan Merrick.

Who were these people? Why were they in my head? Who are they? Do I know them?

Then my mind went blank again and I passed out.

--

I woke up in my room in the barracks. What was happening?

Kaid was hugging me. My head felt like it was going to explode. I cried into his shoulder. "It hurts..." I cried. Kaid kept hugging me "I know..." He whispered to me.

--

Months passed and we had been on multiple missions together but I could tell Kaid was struggling with his mental health. I tried to comfort him.

We were in a city killing people again. Just like Rorke ordered us to. We wore masks so people wouldn't see our faces.

We went back to the base and we fell asleep together.