Chapter 7

I walked the halls of the base my eyes cold and unfeeling. I was wearing a purple shirt and tie black suit trousers and a suit jacket. The tie and shirt had an elegant pattern on them. The small click of my shoes hitting the tiled floor was the only sound.

I walked into my office and I sighed.  I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose.

Find the truth

It kept repeating in my head. What truth?

My eyebrows furrowed and I slowly opened my eyes, they were full of dedication. I left my room and started to head towards Rorkes office my footsteps were quick and precise. I walked with purpose. My heart rate quickened and I entered Rorkes office.

"Tell me the truth" I spat at him. He looked up from his desk and faked a confused look. "What truth? You know the truth" he said calmly. "Don't bullshit me! I know you're lying!" I shouted at him. He shook his head. "Don't you have a mission to prepare for Sargent?" He asked coldly. "I don't care about the mission right now! I care about the truth" I spat.

--

Well that was a fail. I got kicked out of his office and injected again. I bit the corner of my lower lip. I went to get ready for the mission.

--

I put my military gear on and my mask on and jumped into the truck. Rorke would be with us for this mission. Our mission? Capture the Ghosts.