Acceptance 5

Dinner time....

Adhira was busy in the kitchen preparing dinner for the family. She was busy making food.

In light blue saree with loosely tied bun, sweat beads were covered in her neck and forehead region, a lock of her hair was gently touching her cheeks.

Vivaan was still busy on call when his gaze fell on her. She was looking breathtaking in the saree he stood rooted on that place until he heard someone clearing their throat.

He came out of his daze and saw Advay peeking in the kitchen.

Ignoring his brother's existence completely Advay went inside the kitchen.

Vivaan was left dumbstruck with jaw touching the ground.

"Did my little brother just ignored me?" He asked himself.

Advay on the other hand tapped Adhira on her shoulders she flinched and accidentally cut her finger while chopping vegetables.

"Bhabhi!!"
"Adhira!!"

They both screamed in unison.

Vivaan came inside the kitchen and took her bruised finger in his hand and went towards the tap. He placed her finger under the running water.

" Why are you so careless and where the hell are the servants. Am I paying them for free? You are not going to enter the kitchen know Understood " He said sternly but she knew he was just worried for her.

"Vivaan...it's ok I am fine. It is just a small cut and don't say anything to them I asked them to take leave today, I wanted to prepare dinner today" she said slowly with a small smile on her face.

"I am sorry bhabhi I shouldn't have scared you" Advay was guilty.

Adhira was confused to see him as nobody told her about him.

Vivaan noticed her expression and introduced him.

"Umm...He is Advay my younger brother" he answered to her unasked question.

"Oh. No it's nothing I am just a bit clumsy. I am sorry I didn't see you before " She replied being embarrassed.

"It's ok Bhabhi , I was not invited in the wedding" he replied glaring at his brother.

Adhira felt the tension between the brother. She smiled awkwardly at him.

" Wait a few minutes, the food is almost prepared" she glanced at both of them and went inside.

Vivaan was about to say something but she left without waiting for his comment.

He sighed in defeat and went towards the dining room.

Masima was already seated in her place soon Adhvay and Vivaan too joined her.

Adhira bought the dinner with the help of the maids.

The aroma of the food was enough to increase the hunger.

Everyone's eyes were fixed on the covered dish with anticipation.

Adhira uncovered the dishes and served them.

The smell of roasted chicken and Naan made them almost drool at it.

Adhvay devoured his dinner, he didn't wait for others to start.

He was busy gobbling down his food ignoring the piercing glare towards him by the two members.

He lifted his gaze and smiled with mouth full of food.

He slowly gulped down the food.

" Sorry I was hungry " he muttered with a toothy grin.

Masima and Vivaan shook their head whereas Adhira just passed him a smile.

Everone enjoyed the dinner and appreciated her.

After the dinner they went to their respective rooms.

Vivaan's pov:

My mind was already occupied by her thoughs. I couldn't forget how breathtaking she was.

My trace broke when I reached my room or should I say our room.

Adhira was busy fixing the crease of the bedsheets, when my gaze fell on her shoulder, she had already changed in a oversize t-shirt and loose pants. One side of the t-shirt was hanging a bit low giving a perfect view of her fair shoulder.

I was busy starting or more like ogling her that I didn't notice when she came infront of me and snapped her finger which bought me out of my day dreaming session.

I cleared my throat a bit embarrassed of myself.

"Why are standing at the door step ?" She asked.

"I...I was just searching my earpods which fell somewhere " I lied not meeting her gaze.

"Oh. Ok " she said being doubtful.

Seriously vivaan
Such a lame excuse
My inner voice mocked me.

Atleast I came up with one. Without getting myself more embarrassed I went inside and sat on the couch.

I went towards the bed to pick up my pillow when I stopped hearing her.

"I think this bed is big enough to adjust two people. We can share" she said more like whispered.

"Are you sure?" I asked to confirm.

She nodded in agreement.

I was already in cloud nine. She really agreed to share the bed with me.

I thought she would take this whole life to open up with me but thankfully God is on my side.

"As you say" I replied and placed the pillow on the other side of the bed.

We both laid in the same bed but yet there was a huge distant between us.

I promise you I will do my best to gain your trust. The way you agreed to share the bed soon the distance between us will also fade.

I promise myself and soon sleep engulfed me.

But today was different because I was at peace to see my wife beside me with that thought, a smile appeared on my face.

8 months later...

Adhira's pov:

I don't know why am I getting those nightmares again. It had reduced a lot in this few months.

But today I can't sleep because he is not with me.

Am I falling for him?

Do you really think he will ever like you.
My inner voice mocked.

I don't know but his touch always comforts me. The way he stairs at me or may be I am just being delusional.

Ugh..I don't know what am I even thinking.

In this few months I finally felt alive like I exist for someone, I felt for the first time that my existence too matter for someone.

I can't hope too high suddenly fear engulfed me.

What if he gets to know about my past?
What if he reject me for it?

I felt like someone is choking me. I can't breathe,I can't breath. Why is this place suffocating me?

I stood up with shaky legs my hand were trembling and I can feel my panic attack.

I started walking towards the drawer where I kept my medicine.

Black spots started to appear I tried to grab any thing for support, my hand fell on something and before I could get hold of it, it shattered in many fragments.

I felt my limbs getting numb last I heard was someone scream.

"BHABHI!!!"

Before I could react I felt a sharp pain on my head and soon I felt my eye lids shutting down.