Chapter 17

Real chapter, guys.

*recap*

His limbs and legs bent at painful and awkward angles. I screw my eyes shut. The image is too painful to watch.

He'll be alright he'll be alright he'll be alright. I repeat this to myself again.

Dylan's screams finally come to a stop and everything fell silent. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I slowly open my eyes and gasp. Dylan was no longer lying on the bed. Instead, an average sized white wolf was lying on it.

***

Megan's POV

I stared at the white wolf in pure shock. An unknown force pulled me towards Dylan's wolf and I ran my fingers through his fur. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I tried to comprehend what happened and why it did.

All werewolves are supposed to shift at the age of 12. Dylan is younger than that and he shifted. And not just in to any ordinary wolf. He shifted into a white wolf. Now a female white wolf is sort of rare, but a male wolf? That's unheard of.

"I don't understand. How is this possible?" Dr. Wilson gasped in bewilderment, her eyes wide.

"He's not of the age to shift yet. Something is going on." Ryder's father said.

"We need to do something. Run some tests. Take his blood." Gracie said.

"I'm sorry, but we can't do anything at the moment. His wolf is resting and the needles are breaking when they come in contact with his skin." Dr. Wilson said with a frown.

"The only thing he can do now is rest." Dr. Wilson continued.

"From now on, I want you watching Dylan around the clock. Understood?" Ryder said to Dr. Wilson.

"Yes, Alpha." She said respectfully.

Suddenly, Asher walked over to Ryder and whispered something in his ear. A look of anger appeared on Ryder's face before he nodded. The two stood staring at each other silently, making me guess that they were mind linking each other.

Gracie and Ryder's father left the room, leaving only Ryder, Asher, Alicia, and I.

Alicia came over to my side and placed her head onto my shoulder, her long red hair tickling my arm. "He's going to be alright, right?" Alicia asked, referring to Dylan.

He was still knocked out. I couldn't help but feel pity for him. No child should have to go through shifting at such a young age. I could imagine the amount of pain he was in right now, even if he wasn't conscious.

"I hope so." Was my reply to Alicia.

"Megan." Ryder called my name and walked towards me in that deep, husky voice.

I stared at him silently as he grabbed my face in his hands and slammed his lips against mine passionately. I'm momentarily shocked by the sudden action but nonetheless, I returned the kiss .

I pulled away, all breathless and flustered. "What was that for?"

"Can I not fucking kiss you whenever I want to? You're mine." Ryder groaned in annoyance.

I wanted to laugh at his sudden possessiveness over me. "Is that all?"

"No. I have to take care of some very important business that requires me to leave the pack for a couple of days." Ryder said.

My entire mood changed as I frowned up at him. "Really?"

Ryder let out a deep sigh. "Yes, really."