Chapter 5

Megan's POV

"What?!" I yelled confused.

"Mason said that Ryder punched him and you watched the whole time. Is this true?" My mom asked with anger.

"No it isn't. He-" I started but got cut off by Ryder.

"No it isn't true!" Ryder said glaring at Mason.

"I think that we should leave." Mason's dad said.

"Are you sure? I mean if you wanna stay, that's fi-" My mom began but got interrupted by Mason's mom.

"No. We'll just go." Mason's mom said, grabbing on to her husband's arm.

"Well, alright then." My mom replied, turning around and walking upstairs to god knows where. 

I could hear the sadness in her voice. The family turned around to leave, but Mason stopped at the door and gave me a smirk. Ryder got furious and was about to charge after Mason, but I quickly stopped him. 

"Now, I'm really gonna punch him." Ryder growled while balling his fists.

"Ryder just calm down." I said calmly.

He pushed me out of the way and charged after Mason. 

"Ryder, no!" I shouted at him, but it was too late.

Ryder gave Mason a hard punch in the face and Mason flew backwards. Blood dripped from his nose and he angrily glared at Ryder. Ryder's fists were still balled up and I could tell that he was way beyond pissed. 

"That's all you got?" Mason said, wiping the blood from his nose.

Before I could even blink, Ryder had Mason on the floor and he began punching him in the face repeatedly. Normal tennage girls would've already called for help or at least try to stop the fight, but here I am watching my mate beat the shit out of a random guy. Something's really wrong with me. 

"Stop it!!" I yelled, running up to the both of them.

That was a bad idea, because next thing you know, I'm being pushed on the ground. I groaned frustratedly and got up. I'm gonna stop this fight one way or the other. I took a deep breath and began running after Ryder. I jumped on his back and pulled him away from Mason. He tried to go back to him, but I wasn't gonna let that happen.

"Look, Ryder calm down." I said, looking at him straight in the eye. 

He looked at me and then back at Mason. He looked like he was trying to decide something, but I left it alone. 

"Fine." He said, bumping my shoulder and walking upstairs.

I sighed and walked over to Mason.