Chapter 16

*recap*

My fingers ran through my hair as I blinked, trying to calm the need that was running through my body.

After what felt like hours, I got up off of the floor and left the bathroom.

I didn't want to go back in the dining room and face everyone, but I had no choice. I took a deep breath and began making my way towards the dining room.

As I passed the living room, I saw a small figure lying on the ground next to the couch. I immediately rushed over to the person to see who it was and realized that it was Dylan.

"Oh my goodness! Dylan, are you all right?" I asked with concern as I placed him in my arms.

When he didn't reply, I checked his pulse and it was still beating.

"Can I get some help in here please? It's urgent!" I yelled out loud before focusing back on Dylan.

"Dylan? Dylan, please answer me. What's wrong?" I asked, panic coursing though me.

"He's...coming." Dylan said on a faint and weak voice, his eyes closed shut.

"What? Who's coming?" I asked in confusion.

"He's coming." Dylan repeated.

"Dylan, who's coming?" I asked again.

"Abbadon." He whispered.

***********

Megan's POV

"Abbadon? Dylan, you're frightening? Who is Abbadon?" I sucked in a breath. Who in the world is Abbadon and what does Dylan know about him or her?

"He's...coming...Abbadon..." Dylan mumbles, his voice fading away.

"Ryder!" I shout, panic coursing through me.

"Dylan, come on! Wake up!" I say, shaking his now limp body.

Holy shit, this is bad! I heard the sound of people running and turned around. Ryder, Alicia, Asher, Gracie, and Ryder's father were finally in the living room.

"It's Dylan. He passed out. I don't think he's breathing." I explain.

Ryder came and took Dylan from my arms, his body limp and pale.

"Oh dear. I'll go get his mother." Gracie gasps in shock before going up the stairs. Ryder's father followed her.

"I'm taking him to the pack doctor." Ryder says his voice neutral. I followed after him, along with Alicia and Asher.

As we walked, my mind wandered back to what Dylan said. 'Abbadon's coming.' I'm not sure who Abbadon is or how Dylan knows him, but I'm going to find out.

We finally entered the pack doctor's room. It was fairly large. Six hospital beds were placed against the white colored wall. The room smells like chemicals and soap.

"Dr. Wilson." Ryder calls out to a woman with long blonde hair.

The first thing that I notice when she looks up is her bright gray eyes.

"Alpha Ryder. Luna." She bows to us both.

My cheeks blush at being called that.

"We have a problem. He passed out unexpectedly." Ryder says.

Dr. Wilson's eyes land on Dylan and she gasps. "Oh no. Put him on the bed. I'm going to have to run some tests to see what's wrong with him." Dr. Wilson says while running across the room to collect something.

Ryder places Dylan on the bed and steps away to let Dr. Wilson take some of Dylan's blood.

I bite my lip nervously. Dylan said he saw me die in his dreams...and now he says Abbadon's coming. I'm really worried for him.

"With all due respect, I'm going to have to ask you guys to leave so that I can work on him." Dr. Wilson says politely.

I nod in understanding. I take one last look at Dylan before leaving the room. Asher was the last one to leave. He closes the door behind him.

He'll be alright he'll be alright he'll be alright. I repeat this to myself.

Ryder takes my hand in his and leads me away from the pack doctor's room.

"What happened?" His green eyes captured mine, captivating me.

"Well he..."I trail off, about to tell him about Dylan seeing me die in his dream. It's best if I don't tell him about that. "He said 'Abbadon's coming.' But what I don't understand is: who's Abbadon?"

Ryder's expression remained neutral. "Is that all he said?"

"Yes." I lie without hesitation.

"The name Abbadon doesn't ring a bell." Ryder says.

"It was all so uncanny. The name must mean something to him. I'm really worried for him." I sigh.

"I can tell." He says.

Of course he can.

"What do you think is wrong with him?" Alicia comes over and asks me.

I shrug my shoulders. "I'm not exactly sure. Let's just hope that Dr. Wilson can figure out what's wrong." I say.

****

After what felt like hours, Dr. Wilson finally comes outside, a small notepad in her hands.

"I'm finished with the tests. You guys can come in now." Dr. Wilson says, stepping to the side to let us go into the room.

Dylan was lying on the bed, IV chords and tubes connected to him. His breathing was deep and light. He looks so peaceful.

"His results show that he had a very high temperature and blood pressure, mainly because he didn't take his medicine-." I cut her off.

"Medicine? Is he sick or something?" I ask.

She purses her lips. "He has diabetes."

Oh.

She continues speaking. "He didn't take his medicine for the diabetes, which ensued in him fainting. I injected him with his insulin already, so for now, he's alright." Dr. Wilson says with a small smile on her face.

I'm about to say something when Dylan starts mumbling incoherent words.

"Can't...let...him...get...to us." He murmurs, thrashing in the bed.

The heart monitor starts beeping at a dangerous pace. Dr. Wilson and some other people in white lab coats tended to his thrashing body.

My own heartbeat sped up as I watch Dylan's body shake as if he was having a seizure.

The doctors inject him with needles but they all brake against his pale skin.

My eyes widen in shock. The needle broke against his skin! How is that possible for a little boy his age?!

"What's going on with him?" Alicia says in my ear. I could hear the horror in her voice.

"I-I don't know." I stammer. This is very scarce. What's wrong with him?

Dylan's loud screams snaps me back to reality. The doctors were still trying to help him. His back arched up off the bed, his body convulsing continually.

His screams got louder.

He's-I don't know what's going on with him. This is-." Dr. Wilson stops speaking when Dylan's bones starts to crack.

His limbs and legs bent at painful and awkward angles. I screw my eyes hut. The image is too painful to watch.

He'll be alright he'll be alright he'll be alright. I repeat this to myself again.

Dylan's screams finally come to a stop and everything fell silent. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I slowly open my eyes and gasp. Dylan was no longer lying on the bed. Instead, an average sized white wolf was lying on it.