Chapter 5: Stupid Ass Goblin.

It was a nice day in your dimension. You were out with one of your friends, and were walking down a side walk. The city was loud, but in a nice-ish way. You wore one of your regular alternative outfits, while your friend had more of a casual gay vibe. It suit them well.

They were in the middle of talking about a movie you two could go see, when a loud crash came from behind you, followed by screams.
You and your friend looked behind you to see a giant ass green goblin. There were people running as fast as they could away from it. Running past you on the sidewalks and in the roads. The people in he nearby stores either ran out trying to get away or found a place to hide.
Your friend froze in shock as you kept your eye on the goblin. It picked up a car and threw it.

Wait-
Why's it getting bigger?

HOLY-

You and your friend braced for impact, but when the impact came, it was different. Instead of a car being smashed into you, you felt someone grab you and push you out of the way and into one of the nearby department stores. The three of you tumbled to the ground.
You opened your eyes, your head throbbing.
You saw a person in a spider suit with a punk-ish style, spikes on their head, and-
Oh wait.

Your friend started hyperventilating a bit, taking out their phone.
"I have to call someone! Holy shit!" They yelled as they ran off. You hoped to god they weren't going to get themself killed.

Your heart was beating a million miles a second. That scared the ever loving shit out of you. Almost dieing with a close friend and not being able to do anything about it because your Spider-Man, but couldn't use any of your shit to help because it would give away your identity? Pretty fucking scary.
You and Hobie stood up, Hobie pulling up his mask a bit, just up to his mouth, to be able to breath better.
"You hurt, luv?" He asked, breathing a bit heavy. You could hear the concern in his voice.
The way he called you luv certainly did not help your heart.
"No.....no. I'm alright..Thanks, Hobie." You replied, calming down a bit.
You could see him smile a bit.

Both of your senses went off, and a second later, another car went crashing into the stores window. Hobie managed to catch it with his web before it landed on anyone else in he store. You could hear Miles in the distance yelling "SORRY!" For not catching it beforehand. Oh nice, Miles was here too.
Hobie looked over at you, as if saying "Go get into your suit and help get rid of this bastard."
You nodded and rushed into the stores bathroom and then ran right back out like Barbie.
If you get that reference you're amazing.

You ran out of the store to see Hobie, Miles, and another spider person you haven't seen before working to take care of the green goblin. You used your web and managed to grab another car that came flying past.
The other three looked like they had their hands full with the goblin, so you decided to make sure that no citizens got hurt. You ran around, pulling multiple people out of the way from different mounds of rubble landing on them, multiple cars, and even a lamppost.

You just put down another person that you managed to take out of harms way, when you heard a large wham.
You looked around and saw that Hobie was thrown into a large building, shattering multiple walls inside.
Your heart dropped.
There seemed to be no one else that could get hurt, so you ran towards the Goblin and gave it a good kick in the head.

It didn't like that.

It grabbed you and threw you into the ground. You managed to catch yourself before you landed, when the goblin sent a fire hydrant at you.
You were still a bit stunned from the last attack, but fortunately for you, Hobie managed to grab it with his web and send it flying back towards the Goblin, knocking it into the gravel.
The spider person you didn't know signaled to Miles, and the two of them tied up the giant thing in web. It was a big relief to all of you.
But then the anxiety came right back when you remembered what happened to Hobie.

You looked over, and Hobie's suit was a bit torn, as well as his mask making it so you could just barely see one of his eyes. He was limping a bit, almost would've fallen over if you hadn't rushed over to hold him up.
"Hobie! Are you alright?!?!" You asked, you felt so panicked. How bad were his injuries?!
"Yeah.." He shifted a bit in your hold.
"Just a scratch."
You sighed and pulled Hobie into a hug. It surprised him.
You tried your best to not crush him at all or make him uncomfortable in any way.
"Pleaseeeee be more careful."
Hobie chuckled. "I am careful."
You pulled back from the hug a bit and deadpanned at him through your mask.
"Being thrown through a big ass building through multiple walls is careful?"
Hobie shrugged. You could tell he was smirking through his mask.

You scoffed playfully, before readjusting you both so that you could pick him up.
"I'll take you back to my place. I have things to get you patched up, k?"
Hobie just nodded back.

Pretty soon you got back to your apartment, Hobie sitting on your couch while you tended to his wounds. You were a bit bruised up, but those would heal quickly on their own.
It was a calm silence the whole time. Hobie highly appreciated how gentle you were while bandaging him up. While you were working, he looked around the apartment.
You had a few posters up on the wall of your favorite bands and shows. The whole place was decorated in a way that felt very comfortable to Hobie.

"Alrighty, I'm all done." You said, looking up at Hobie, only to see him just barely keeping his eyes open.
You sighed, getting up and grabbing a blanket.
"You can stay here for the night."
Hobie looked into your eyes and smiled.
"Thanks, (N/n)." He sounded thankful.
You tossed him the blanket, and he took off his shoes and layed down.
You had a hard time falling asleep, so you just grabbed your earbuds and sat down on the ground, back against the couch. You lifted up one of the earbuds up to Hobie, who took it and put it in.
You played a calming song that should be easy to fall asleep to, and Hobie liked it. It was calming. He felt so comfortable around you. And you were comfortable around Hobie.

You ended up both falling asleep in a few minutes, both of you snoring lightly.