Chapter 9: Do you know when youre coming back?

You had just finished taking care of an anomaly that showed up in your dimension, and were talking to Miguel about it. This anomaly looked as if they were drawn in oil pastel. There had been over 20 anomaly's found that look to be in the same style, most likely from the same dimension. You were curious about what Miguel was planning on doing about it and how to make it stop.

"I'm thinking that dimension hopping villain that he couldn't find, is in that dimension, sending things for us to deal with while they do stuff." Miguel says, pulling up a picture of the villain and some of the other anomaly's.
"So, I plan on having a few of us go to check it out."
"Will I be coming?"
"No, I need you to help keep things stable here at HQ while I'm gone. We can't afford to have anything go wrong."
You just nod in response as Miguel turns back to the computers.

As if on cue, a few spider people walked into the room, making their way to the platform you both were standing on.
You looked back to see who it was, and was a bit surprised to see Hobie.
When Hobie saw that you were there, he smiled and walked to you. He went behind you, wrapping his arms around your neck and resting his chin on your head. You held onto his arms as you waited for Miguel to explain the plan.

"I'm glad you were all able to help out, even if you didn't want to," He started, glancing over at Hobie. "If this villain gets their hands on something they're not supposed to have, things could get bad. I do at know how long this mission is going to take, but be prepared to be gone for a while.

Your eyes widened a bit at that. Hobie was going to be gone for a while? Is this mission too dangerous? What if he gets really hurt?

"I'm giving you all a day to prepare for the mission, just make sure that you're back here in time to leave. You're all free to go."

*Time Skip >:0*

You and Hobie were sitting on a rooftop in his dimension. You always liked visiting Hobie in his dimension, it always seems so busy, but was beautiful at the same time.
As you both sat, listening to music with your earbuds, you kept thinking about the mission Hobie would have to go on. After the discussion about what you two exactly are, you've spent way more time together. Knowing that someone you usually spend a lot of time with isn't going to be there for who knows how long, doesn't feel good.

"Spikey?"
"Hmm?"
"How do you feel about the mission?"
"Jus hopin it'll go quick. Take down the bastard an then get back."
"Do you know when you're coming back?"
Hobie shakes his head.
You looked across the street, started staring off into space in thought.
Hobie could tell you weren't feeling ok, he could read you like a book. I'm the moment of silence, he wondered if he could do anything to help you feel less worried.

Hobie took off his vest, the pins clinking together as he dropped it on your lap.
That brought you back to reality. You looked over at Hobie. You haven't seen his suit without that vest on before.
"Take care of that for me while I'm gone. You can even add some pins if ya want to."
You just blinked at the special vest in your lap. "But...Now you don't have a jacket.."
"Don worry, I've got tons of others I can wear in the mean time.
Hobie could see the confused look on your face. He chuckled to himself.
"Maybe having that thing with you, you'll feel better while I'm gone."
You smiled at him, holding his vest close to your heart. You will protect this vest with you damn life.

"Promise me one thing, though."
He raised an eyebrow at you before nodding.
You turned towards Hobie, cupping his face in one hand, holding his vest in the other.
"Don't die." You give him a sheepish smile.
Hobie was surprised at your touch, but quickly getting over it. He decided to surprise you a bit himself, and lifted his hand to touch yours. He gently kisses your palm.

"I promise I won't. Can't go dying on you after all this."
You smiled at him.
"Just promise me you won't either."
"I promise."
He smiled back at you, before ruffling your hair.
"Good."

HOW DID THIS REACH 1K VEIWS?! TY 😭
I'm hyper fixating over this man so hard XD
Also, I feel like he'd be the kind to give you back hugs and tease you for being shorter than him, even if it's only by a little. I love random headcannons
Speeding to write the next chapter, see ya later 🏃‍♂️💨