Chapter 6: Speechless.

At this point, you have known the others for a half a year now.

Miguel gave you guys a day off, so you were all hanging out in Miles's dimension.
You were all sitting where Miles and Gwen were sitting before in ATSV.

"If we fell, how long would it take to reach the bottom?" Mike's asked out of no where.
There was a silence making him feel awkward, until Gwen said something.
"Maybe 40 seconds?"
"I'd say a minute at most." You added.
Hobie nodded while Pav continued looking at the sky.
It was the evening, so the sky was nice shades of Orange and Pink. It reminded you of sherbet.

It was a comfortable silence. You felt peace you haven't had in days.
"This is the best thing about being Spider-Man. Well, besides all of the fans and free things and stuff." Pav spoke.
The rest of you just nodded.

Miles's phone buzzed, so he took it out and looked at the text.
"Crap! I had to pick up takeout for my parents like five minutes ago!" Miles looked devastated.
"It's alright Miles, I'll go with you to pick it up and bring to your parents. We'll just blame it on me." Gwen leaned over so her and Miles's shoulders were touching.
Miles breathed a sigh of relief as he nodded. Gwen stood off and webbed away, Miles following.
"I should probably go too, I don't want to miss out on a chance at seeing Gayatri before I get to bed!" Pav says before webbing away as well.

That just leaves you and Hobie.
It didn't feel uncomfortable or awkward. In fact, it felt quite the opposite.
You knew Hobie wouldn't judge you and that you wouldn't judge him, so he felt the same.
He kept looking over at you from the corner of his eye while you were staring at the sky.
He's been thinking some things over.
After talking with Gwen about it, and how happy he felt when he was around you, he's come to a conclusion.

You took a deep breath in and looked away from the sky and over at Hobie, catching him looking at you.
He doesn't immediately look away or become flustered, instead he just smiles at you.
You smile back.

You felt your heart beat a bit faster while looking at Hobie, but the happy moment was ruined when you got a buzz from your phone. You had to look away and check what it was. Your Mom/Dad/Guardian needed you to come home to help clean up. You couldn't say no or else you would most likely get grounded. It wouldn't stop you from going out and doing stuff because you're Spider-Man, but it just doesn't feel good to be grounded and have them mad at you.

You looked back over at Hobie, who looked back with confusion.
"Sorry. I have to head back to my place."
You look down at the text. You didn't want to leave. Life felt like too much. You'd rather just stay there with Hobie, enjoying each others company.
"Mm," Hobie hummed in response. He could see your brows furrow.
"I kinda wish I could just stay here with you." You chuckle to yourself.

Now or never?

Just as you were about to get up and go back to your dimension, Hobie gently lifted up your chin to look at him. He stopped for a second to see your reaction, to check if you weren't ok with it.
Your eyes widened a bit and your heart started beating faster. What is happening? You gave Hobie a look that says it's ok.
He leaned in and softly pecked your cheek. Your heart was beating so fast.
You just looked at each other for what seemed like forever, untill Hobie speaks up.
"I needa head back too, see ya later luv."
Hobie says before webbing away.

You just kinda sat there in shock. Your face felt hot and your heart felt like it was going to explode. You couldn't believe what just happened. How did he seem so calm?!
It didn't take long for the butterflies to show up. It took you another few minutes of you sitting in silence with a stupid grin on your face before you actually got up and left.

Meanwhile with Hobie, he made it back to his dimension when it finally kicked in. He really just kissed your cheek. Holy shit. He tried so hard not to think about it, but failed. He fell asleep that night thinking about it with a stupid grin on his face, similar to yours.

Bonus one shot :D

You and Hobie just finished your missions and spotted each other while walking around HQ. You started talking about how both of your days were going when you noticed Hobie looking at your jacket.
You snap your fingers infront of his face a few times to make sure he was alright.

"You alive in there?" You ask jokingly.
Hobie chuckled.
"Yea, just was lookin at your pins."
You looked down at your jacket at all of your pins and smiled. You remember getting all of them.

"Hey (N/n)," Hobie called out.
"Hmm?"
"You wanna trade pins?"
"Hell yeah!"

You looked at your jacket and plucked off a pin that you thought Hobie would like, while he did the same. The pin had a dinosaur with a spikey mohawk on it.
You tossed it over to Hobie, who caught it and smiled. You could tell he liked it.

Hobie tossed his pin over to you.
The pin had a black cat with vampire fangs on it.
Your eyes seemed to have stars in them as you looked at the pin.
You put it on your jacket and looked back at Hobie.
He already put the pin you gave him on his jacket.

"Now I'll look bad ass."
You stated, smirking.
Hobie smirks back, lowering his head and shaking it.
"You were already badass, bruv."
"Thanks Spikey, you too. But you're more bad ass now because of the Dino pin."
"Definitely."

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed! Stay tuned for more parts TuT