Chapter 8: "We're Partners In Crime."

There was a villain on the loose, hopping between dimensions. Not as bad as the Spot, but still pretty dangerous. Miguel had atleast two spider people in each dimension that he thought this villain would get to. Miles and Pav got to hang out in Miles's dimension, while Gwen got partnered with Jessica.

LYLA had told you that another spider person would be coming to your dimension, and that Miguel wanted you both to keep an eye out for this dimension hopping enemy.
You quickly put on your suit, and was about to grab your jacket, when there was a knock on your window.

You looked over and almost jumped out of your skin. There he was. Just standing there with a smirk on his face.

You walked over and clicked open the window. "Come on in, I just have to get my jacket and shit, and we can go."
Hobie nods in response.
You had your earbuds on, blasting music so loud that Hobie could faintly hear it.
He watched as you put on your jacket and check your pockets, checking if you forgot anything. He didn't know how he was going to talk out any of this, but he knows you're both going to have to talk about it at some point. You both hopped back out of the window from before, and out into the city.

After a while, you and Hobie were just patrolling around on top of buildings. You didn't talk much, besides the occasional snickers and chuckles while watching citizens be more awkward than you both are.

Your head was a MESS. How did Hobie seem so cool and calm about this? About everything?! Did he even think what he did was a big deal?!
Yes, yes he did. He was waiting for you to bring it up. Hobie isn't used to talking about these kinds of things, so he didn't know where to start.

You couldn't take the awkwardness anymore, so you just said it.
"Hey Hobie," you ask.
"Yea?"
"What are we?"

There it is.

Hobie didn't reply for a minute, seemingly making sure his guitar strap was secure enough.
"I know you remember what you did. What does this make us?"
Hobie still didn't answer. He liked the thought of being closer to you. He liked how he feels around you. He wanted to be something more than friends, but he didn't really like the title 'boyfriends.'

"I know what we are."
"Hmm?" You looked over at him as you two walked.
"We're partners in crime." He grinned.
You just blinked at him, before a big smile appeared on your face.
You stopped walking and looked at Hobie, who stopped and looked back at you.

"I like that." You smiled at him. He made you feel valid and comfortable. It made you feel even better knowing that he feels comfortable enough with you to consider you two 'partners in crime.'
Hobie steps closer to you, pushing the hair against your forehead back, and gives you a kiss on the forehead.

You look up at him with wide eyes and a flustered face. Hobie couldn't help but grin while looking back at you.
You wrap your arms around his torso, pulling him into a hug. He hugs you back, resting his chin in the top of your head.
Peace.

CRASH
You both heard a loud sound. Something, or someone, crashed into the road below the building you two were on.

"Wait...We're supposed to be looking out for that dimension hopping villain."
"Damn."

AND DONE WITH THIS CHAPTER. I have recently found some really cute headcannons that I plan to incorporate into future chapters, so stay tuned. ★彡