Chapter 7: Tingly

It's been about a week since what happened. You hadn't seen Hobie or the others for a while, and part of you was sort of glad. You needed time to think about everything. Of course, all of that thinking takes a shit ton of time.

You remember Hobie saying things like 'I don't do labels' and 'I don't believe in consistency'. That's what made this extra hard. Did Hobie want to be in a relationship with you? If he doesn't believe in things that would some up being in a relationship with another, what would that make you two?

Miguel sent Gwen and Hobie to go deal with an anomaly two days after. They finished up pretty fast, leaving them with some time to just hang out.
Gwen noticed that Hobie had been a bit more quiet lately. She decided to bring it up while they were sitting on a rooftop.

"Hey Hobie?" Gwen asked.
"Yea?" Hobie looked over at Gwen, easing an eyebrow.
"Did something happen? You've been a bit quiet these past few days."
Hobie paused. In all honesty, he didn't know how to explain it. He knew he felt something towards you. Something different than how he feels towards the others. He doesn't regret giving you a kiss on the cheek, not at all. It's just confusing to think about what comes next. How was he going to approach you the next time you see each other? After he did it, he's tried not to think about it.

"Hobie?"

"I might've done somethin."
"....What does that mean?"
".....I pecked (M/n) on his cheek after you all left...Jus nervous bout seein him again."

Gwen didn't answer for a few seconds, just staring at Hobie with wide eyes.

"WHAT?!"
"Calm down, Gwendy. It's not a big deal."
"Yes it is!"
After a couple seconds of silence, Gwen spoke.
"So you like him?"
Hobie doesn't answer for a while. He enjoys being around you a lot, and you make him feel not as alone. He feels happy around you and you make him laugh. You get him out of bad moods and seem to really care about him. And he cared about you.

After thinking, Hobie just nodded.

"Alright...How do you feel..?" Gwen asked, shifting in the position she was sitting in.
"..Dunno."
"How do you feel around (M/n)?"
".....a lot."
"Come on, try to put it into a word." Gwen grinned at Hobie.
Hobie chuckled and grinned back.
"I dunno, Tingly?"
Gwen chuckled. "Yeah that makes sense."

★彡

Extra one shot :P
(Trans reader <3)

You and Hobie just finished up with a mission Miguel sent you on. It was a mistake wearing your binder on a mission, but you couldn't help it!
You were breathing heavily as you and Hobie made it back to HQ. He took note of this, looking over at you as you walked and raising an eyebrow.

You trusted Hobie and felt comfortable around him, but you were scared he would be disgusted with you for not being born a guy. You knew Hobie wouldnt let you go without getting an answer. He hasn't seen you breathing this heavily before, and he was a bit worried.

You took in a deep breath before coming to a stop, Hobie stopping besides you.
"Sorry, just.......Wore my binder on the mission.." You said the last part a bit softer. You looked away from Hobie, trying to not make eye contact.
It took a few seconds for it to register in Hobie's mind to realize.

"You need to change out of that. I've got a spare jumper you can put on after you take it off." Hobie says, giving you a smile.
It was now your time to pause for a few seconds while it registers in your mind. You immediately smile, looking up/down at Hobie.
"Aight, let's get you outa that thing." Hobie nods over to the nearest restroom. You give him a nod back, and you both walk to the restroom.

He's not getting that jumper back for a while.

Hey! Sorry if the chapter was short, I just didn't have much thought of what to write. Tried to make it up by writing an ftm one shot for any fellow trans brothers out there, so I hope that made it better. I haven't had any inspiration to write much, so if you have any ideas for anything, feel free to share. ♥︎