Chapter 10: Miss me?

God damn, how long was it going to take to catch this guy? You had spent the past two months spending all of your time in HQ, working with LYLA and Margo to keep everything under control.

You missed him. A lot.
You missed the little things he would do, like when he would test his arm on your head.
You kept his jacket with you, wearing it everyday and keeping it clean. You had added a few more pins to it, hoping Hobie would like them when he came back.

LYLA said that Miguel chose Hobie to go along with him because they found the anomaly in a dimension that he would work well in. Hobie refused to go, not wanting to take orders from Miguel, but eventually gave in when he explained how important catching this guy would be.

You were checking the different dimensions to see if there were any more anyomalys causing trouble, when LYLA  popped up next to you, adjusting her heart shaped glasses.

"Miguel just checked in, the teams  coming back now. Mission success!" She says, a grin in her face.
"Better hope the boss isn't coming back in a bad mood.." You hear her say as she makes her way to go check in with Margo.

Your eyes widened as you hear the news. LYLA didn't say anything about anyone getting hurt, so everyone should be fine. Hobie should be fine.

You waited at HQ for a few more hours for them to arrive, but they didn't.
"Hey man, just head back to your dimension. Me and LYLA got it from here." Margo says as she walks up to you, placing a hand on your shoulder.
You give her a nod, a soft smile on your face.

As you arrive back in your home dimension, all of the sleep you were missing finally caught up to you. You arrived in your apartment, took a shower and got some food for yourself, before finally plopping down on your couch.
Your eyes lids  felt as heavy as rocks.

You were about to drift off to sleep when you heard a knock on your window. You lift your head up slightly to see who was there, and to your surprise, you saw the spikey-headed boy you've been waiting to see for months.

You used your web to unlock the window, allowing Hobie to slide open the window and hop into your apartment. He closed it behind him and looked at you with a smile on his face. You could tell he was tired too.

You opened your arms. Hobie walked over to where you were on the couch and basically fell into your arms, wrapping his arms around your torso.
Took a second for you both to get into a comfortable position, but when you did, you both felt peace.

"Miss me?"

"Yes. Yes I did."

I hope you all enjoyed reading this chapter! I have no idea what to do for the next one, so it might take a while, but I promise there will be more chapters.
Thank you for reading ~