Chapter Thirty Three

A/N:

-i took my road test and now im a licensed driver (--:

-so you remember that guy i told you about several chapters ago that was kind of a bad influence ??? yeah he came over at like 1 am last week and we smoked kief and made out in the kitchen oops

-sorry it's been awhile. i've been super busy (which is always my excuse ): but ya know)

-this chapter is really weird lol sorry i probably threw way too much at you at once in this chapter

Song Recommendations:

-So High by Ghost Loft

-Circles by The Eden Project

Chapter Thirty Three

Day 73

If I could pick when in Neverland I'm purged of the inner chaos that swirls inside of me, it would be when I'm wallowed up to my neck in the bathing lagoon's crisp, deep blue.

I delved beneath the surface, the chilled ripples swaying with the soft stream of water falling off the cliffside and into its pool. It folds, and kisses, and cleanses me inside and out of dirt and grime and havoc and mayhem.

I found a meditation realm in the lagoon. Though it was small and quaint, it was gentle. It was quiet. The sea rumbled in the distance like a satisfying thunder, and the waterfall was steady and tender.

At this point, I couldn't tell if I've managed to keep my turmoil inside of me, or if I've lost my mind completely and I had no more toxic emotion to expel. It's hard to forget burning the training center into ash and injecting my body with dream shade all for the sake of retaliation. But, now, my screaming fits have been kept at a minimum and I haven't touched a blade in...how long now?

I cupped my hands just beneath the surface and washed it over my sweating face, letting the water run down my neck and behind my ears and through my hair. I craned my neck up, and a dull ache shook through the veins in my throat. I cringed, bringing my hand to my neck and massaging the muscle.

"Right," I breathed, "Chester choked me."

A chuckle echoed across the lagoon.

I shot my head up, trying to listen past the ceaseless water rolling down the cliff and into the pond, past the wind whistling through the jungle leaves.

"Hello?" I called, lowering myself into the water so my chin balanced on the surface.

The still forest around me suddenly seemed to breathe, and I disappeared beneath the water, swimming right up to the shore. When I came up and gasped a breath, my clothes and drying cloth were missing from the rock.

Gone.

Disappeared.

A fierce sense of betrayal ran through me in tremors. I knew exactly who it was without any evidence. It was Chester and Oliver, without a doubt, who snatched my clothes and ran off with them.

I scowled, climbing out of the lagoon and onto the sand, the grit sticking to my slick hands and knees and feet. I felt well over-exposed, completely bare and naked to the eyes of the sun.

I crept into the forest, cowering against the tree line, hands clutching my breasts against my chest bone and thighs squished together to cover the rest.

I was conflicted between two rather intense emotions. My body has been divulged to the forest, to the sky, and quite possibly, anybody who decides to take a dip in the lagoon themselves and make their way down Bathing Path.