Chapter Thirty Six

Author's Note:

-I kinda wanna start a YouTube but idk !!!

-guys guys these reads. u all are so amazing. a year ago we hit 100K. look at u guys now !!!!! so amazing, thank u !!!!

-ok it's time I hit you with the news on the Tease sequel. I've decided that I no longer want to do it.  I decided to do that freshman year, but now that it's nearing the end of junior year I'm not feeling it anymore like I did. however, there's a chance I might rewrite it.  I'm sorry ):

Song Recommendations :

1. Low Life by Future and The Weeknd
2. All The Time by Swimm
3. Losing Control by Russ

Chapter Thirty Six

Day 95

The training center was dim with paralysed sunlight, as if a storm were to roll over the island but was hesitant to spill it's rain.  Though it was still, the sea still turned with a trembling tide beyond the cliffs.

An uneventful cycle of rising suns and nocturnal shadows have passed.  It was so same old that I almost, almost missed the torment.  But rather, there has been days of watching the sea roll over in its watery sleep, and feeling a relief during the rains because it was an interruption in the sweet, solemn universe.

But, importantly, Pan has been a drift of stars.  He behaves as the ocean behaves.  Pan has remained something stern, something beautiful, something lustful, something murderous.  He is hard to look at, but he was still flesh and blood.  His soul has simple skin, and a throbbing heart, and a network of nerves and feeling that all change color.  But I don't know what a single neuron tells me.  His soul sounds like thunder.  His soul sounds like the rumble of the sea.

I stood near my target in my beige wear that made me feel more distant than ever.  I felt so part of the island that I was not human.  I quickly questioned whether I was an individual with ideas and heart, or a victim of the Earth.  When the thought became overbearing I let it slip.

Gale's body was a swaying beast next to me.  He seemed more muscular and tall the more I stared at him.  Perhaps that was me becoming more aware.  Actually, come to think of it, I was becoming aware of him.  The more sunsets and moonfalls I stayed on Neverland for , I became more and more aware. Of Oliver's terror, and Mason's innocence, and Pan's oddness.  I was suddenly aware, and I was suddenly a part of it. 

"Can I ask you something?" Gale's voice came harshly against the subtle song of the wind.

"You can," I said, removing my bow from the quiver clip and letting the arm dangle over my foot.

Gale ran his callused hands along his bow, picking at the bumps in the metal, as a nervous habit. "Do you think Neverland is evolving?"

I scrunched my eyebrows. "Explain."

"Well," he shrugged his shoulders, a creak releasing from his bones. "Don't you think things are different than from you first arrived?"

My eyes flicked to Pan momentarily, who leaned against the center oak with his green eyes fogged over at us lost boys (and girl?), an empty space where Felix's ominous figure should be.

"I assume so," I said. "Pan is less...hostile."

"I don't know," Gale said, "maybe he just is keeping it all in. Or he's plotting something. Or he's pretending that--"

"Or," I said lowly, "he's just changing?"

Gale's eyebrows jumped at my response. "Bold statement, Andria.  But Pan doesn't just change."