Chapter Five

Song Recommendation:
Limnos by Koda

The story is kinda starting to come together! haha enjoy(: Thank you for the reads so far!!

Chapter Five

Days In Neverland: 2

Kian and I woke up extra early, him taking me to the eggs already fried on a rack over the fire. After we ate, we started on the trails.

The cliffs were basically what I imagined: cliffs. Tall, pale gray rocks piled up over the sea. The lagoon was hidden under the canopy of big, leafy trees, much like around a pond you'd find on a tropical island. A gentle waterfall cascaded into the water, constantly, so constantly.

Kian told me the water was shallow, only getting up to 8 feet deep in the center, and that's why it was so easy to bathe there.

Then we explored the hunting trail, seeing there was plenty of berries and vegetable patches. Kian even spotted a few deer crossing a creek. We met the freezer house and the dining house and the house for drying foods all in a clearing of their own. The dining house was extremely large and in the center, a floor and a rooftop. The bottom floor had a large table with chairs, the rooftop like a little café. It was lovely here.

We went through the training path and into a clearing, seeing a huge oak in the center and weapons hanging from the branches. On the outer ring were targets, and there was a few on the tree trunk.

Then was the dream shade path, where Kian made sure he had a tight grip on my hand when we passed through. He didn't want to go past a certain point; after a trek through the dark, we found patches of the deadly plant he warned me about.

"The red bulb is where the sap is," he said, pointing to the ones on the edge of the path, "ingest it and you're done for."

"Isn't there a cure?" I asked, "If you do consume it?"

"Pan is the only one with access to the antidote," he said, "it's somewhere in his hut."

I didn't ask another question on it.

From there we didn't continue. Kian said dangerous animals were beyond this point, and looking at the fact the trees from then on were black, I believed him.

Once we got back to the clearing, it was afternoon, and he said the tour was finished.

"Wait," I said, "what about the Well of Condemnation?"

Kian frowned and scratched the back of his neck. "Uh...yeah, yeah we can go."

Halfway down the path, Kian's hand snaked into mind, gripping with a bone-shattering pressure. I winced, but didn't shake him off.

As we reached the clearing, Kian's feet seemed heavier and heavier. I tried to pull him along, eager to see the well, but he wasn't so enthusiastic.

"Andria, this is a bad idea," Kian begged, "let's go back."

"Please," I whined, "I wanna see."

He sighed, but let us continue walking, until I saw the stone outer layer, three bricks high, surrounding the hole. I scurried through the clearing, releasing Kian's hand and ignoring his calls for me to slow down, running and running...

My body slammed into the edge of the well, and I ever so slowly peered into the cavity.

Pitch black, until an area the size of a pinhead burned with violent ruby and purple light, just like Kian had said.

"Hey," he grabbed my shoulder, "we need to go back."

"But-"

"Why are you so fascinated with this well? We better head back or you'll be thrown down it soon," he warned.