Chapter Twenty One

Hey friends

So for the You Now it will be at 1:30 pm Eastern Time Dec 30th. I will be with @TakeUs2OneDirection and it will be off my other twitter, which is @mia_salvano

Which brings me to wonder if you guys would be okay with me turning that into a fan account or something so I can freely post without feeling judged + updates

Song Recommendations: So High by James Morris

Atlas Hands (Kashii Remix) by Benjamin Francis Leftwich

Question: What's your favorite part of Monster so far?

Also, sorry that this chapter sucks. I'm not used to writing this way it didn't come out good lol also sorry it's short haha

I already wrote Ch 22 and I promise it's better haha (all pan and Andria cool)

Chapter Twenty One

Days In Neverland: 34

Third Person POV

Andria's arm was bundled in purple veins, ones that looked like gothic architecture and midnight blue vines so dark they could be black. She was no longer moving, completely inert, as the flesh of her face paled sallow. She lied on her side, fingertips bent and inches away from the syringe. Her eyes were closed, bruised and discolored, so sunken that you could see the bulging veins in her eyelids.

Death was kissing every inch of her.

Pan had seen her collapse on the trail from afar and was sprinting toward her, shoes booting up grime and soot, syringe of dream shade antidote already clasped in his overwrought fist.

"Damn you, Andria!" Pan cried as he reached her, spotting the cracked syringe, its interior barrel slick with the remnants of the poison. Her skin was absolutely pallid, except for the bruised veins marking her ashen flesh like a death-dealing tattoo. "You're so stupid," he murmured, dropping to his knees, pressing his thighs into her back. He seized her arm and carefully pushed the needle of the antidote into the blackened hole where Andria tore her arm first. Immediately, her veins were purged of the poison, and the dream shade was useless in her system.

She slept stilly now, her chest beginning to pervade itself with fresh air, her chest filing it back out. Her skin flushed with new color, the poison dissolving into vigor. Though, a soreness remained.

Stomping down the path were the lost boys, and Pan didn't notice until he heard the gravel of the pathway sound like grinded marbles. He turned his head, the beige line up growing closer and closer until they were screeching to a dusty, sweat-slicked halt.

"Pan! Pan! Is she alright?" Gale cried, shoving his way through the boys. He was gasping, completely spent.

"She's fine now," Pan said solemnly, scanning over her dozing figure slumped in his lap.

Gale's lips tightened as he pressed the side of his fist to his forehead, his chest rising quickly.

"I begged her not to do anything," Gale whispered, "I swear you to it."

"She would've been dead if we waited a second longer, you know," Pan said, monotonously, "sounds to me you knew this crossed her mind."

"And what a tragedy that would have been," Oliver leaned into Chester, mumbling from the corner of his mouth.

Gale turned to face him, dropping his hand, as Pan turned over his shoulder.

"Shut up, Oliver! This is your fault!" Gale charged toward him, throwing his hands up to grab him, but Oliver deflected with his forearm and shoved him away. Gale stumbled to the dirt, skinning the side of his hand.

"Settle, boy," Oliver said egotistically, towering over him, "in case you haven't noticed, Neverland ran smoother before she came. Since she arrived, the training center burned down and there's been a condemnation. I don't believe this is as big of a deal as you make it out to be."

"You're such an idiot. She's afraid!" Gale shouted, leaning up on his elbow, "she'd rather die than be up here! She injected herself with dream shade for God's sake, Oliver! When will enough be enough?!"

Oliver laughed like he found Gale's outburst amusing, as he was completely unfazed. He spit onto the trail and squished the foam with his boot, the dirt mixing with the saliva against his soles into a sappy mud.

"Andria did this to herself," he said, calmly, "I didn't put the needle inside of her."

"No," Gale breathed, pushing himself off the ground, "but you put poisonous things inside of her head."

Oliver chuckled lightly, wiping his lip of leftover dribble. "Oh, Gale," he taunted, "she's poison in herself."

"No," Gale said.

Oliver chuckled, approaching Gale until their chests were merely a hair from touching. Pan's shoulders tensed, as he knew what dams would break lose.

"You think you're tough, Gale?" he asked, breathing deeper into the boy's face.

"No," Gale gulped, but I'll defend my new friend."

"You're new friend is half-dead," Oliver said, "and so should you be."

Gale cried out and seized Oliver by the throat, backing him up and throwing a fist into his gut. The other lost boys cheered and jumped as Oliver retaliated, snatching a handful of Gale's hair and throwing his head against the tree alongside the path.

"Enough!" Pan cried suddenly, ceasing the commotion, "all of you!"

The entire forest grew soundless. Oliver slinked his curled knuckles from Gale's hair, while Gale winced and rubbed his scalp.

Pan's eyes narrowed and he pushed his hands against his knees to push himself up, never looking away from the boys.

"Enough of the meaningless, petty fighting," Pan said, then spoke with sarcasm, "I'll be sure next time there are swords provided."

Oliver crossed his arms and stood up straighter, tensing his jaw, as Gale was still struggling to recover.

"Pan," Felix said, coming forth from the behind the lost boys, "what do you suppose we do with the girl?"

Pan swallowed and looked down at her.

"She'll stay with me," he bent down and studied the curves of her neck, "I need to have a little chat with her when she wakes."