Chapter Six

I should update Tease next! Sorry I haven't updated anything in a little bit, I just really wanted to work on this! It's finally getting somewhere!

Song Recommendations:
She Way Out by The 1975
Latch by Disclosure

Chapter Six

Days In Neverland: 3

I opened my eyes and I was lying on gravel.

It was dark, the dead of the night, and I was on my back in the only place where the trees were more inky, more grim and gloomy than the night sky.

Dream Shade Path.

The trees gave such a sinister aura that it left me trembling against the dirt, making me vigilant and attentive to my surroundings in case something were to strike.

I sat up, the gravel sticking to my shirt as I tried to stand. But, when I blinked, the path began to glow, revealing the shadow of grizzly paws and a burly coat, thick talons...

Ever so slowly the light began unveiling the body of a huge beast, large enough that a grumble from his stomach could shake the whole island. The glow on the pathway grew brighter and brighter, brighter until I was shaking and the animal's fur became more and more visible up until its neck.

At that point, this enormous wolf-like creature sprang from the darkness, paws outstretched as its hind legs leaped off the gravel and toward me, opening up its claws like sixteen blades.

I was frozen with fear, and I didn't exactly have time to react...only to stare at his immense, gaping mouth and petrifying eyes, and hear its horrifying, thunderous roar, a scowl like a cat, blowing the black leaves off the nearby trees to blanket the path with velvet...but no so slowly.

Only quickly.

Its horrendous scream tearing through the tree tops, almost having me...

And I woke up screaming.

It didn't take long for lamplight to illume the darkness outside, growing closer and closer to my hut window. I knew it was the lost boys; part of me was feeling relief that I wouldn't be alone, but another part of me worried they'd be angry because they lost their precious sleep.

Oliver arrived first, throwing open the hut door, glowering and groaning with a kerosene lamp in hand.

"For crying out loud," he hissed, teetering the door shut, "what's got you screaming in the middle of the night?"

My heart was still pounding and every inch of skin was still shaking in fear, so I stammered like a fish in response.

Oliver shook his head, "you're such a nuisance, coming to the island and requiring so much maintenance," he frowned angrily.

Blame the victim, why don't we...

"Andria!" Kian cried, shoving the door open again and pushing Oliver aside to bustle into the hut, "are you okay? What happened?"

I opened my mouth to respond, but the words seemed to choke up in my throat.

"She screamed and woke us all the hell up," Oliver barked, jabbing a finger out the hut window, "look! Pan and Mason and Chester are on their way here! Good job, new girl!"

I frowned deeply at that. Oliver sure is bitter.

"Chill out, Oliver," Kian snapped, then turning his attention to me, "Andria? Did something happen? Bad dream?"

I nodded sheepishly.

"Great," Oliver grunted, banging the lamp against the wall when he crossed his arms.