Chapter Fifteen

Hey friends

Okay I need a few things from you! (Please contribute guys okay I'm begging)

1. Ask me personal questions! Anything from "What gave you the inspiration for the character Andria?" or "What's your favorite genre of music?" or "How was your first kiss?" and I'll answer a few in the author's note at the end of every chapter! (PLEASE ASK ME GUYS I'M DESPERATE)

2. If there's anything you're confused on, please let me know. How did Neverland come to be? Why is Andria the first girl to come to Neverland? How did the lost boys get there? etc, and I'll make sure that every question is answered between now and the end of the books.

3. IM BEGGING FOR THIS ONE. PLEASE tell me your favorite quotes from Monster. If your favorite quote is something like "I know you're brave, but are you fearless?" from Chapter 10, then comment "'I know you're brave, but are you fearless?' is my favorite quote!" on that chapter. If you could go through all or some of the chapters and pick out your favorites, that'd be so helpful. The reason I'm asking is because I'm going to print Monster when it's finished and put it inside a binder. And before every chapter, I'm taking a photo and putting a quote over it from that chapter. And I'd like you guys to pick the quotes, so start leaving them in the comments of said chapter! THANK YOU <3

Sorry in advance for this chapter. It's pretty short and boring in dialogue, but the next chapter is going to be the first major turning point. It's extremely long and I might get some hate for it but I mean come on we all saw it coming

ANYWAY, I hope you enjoy!

Chapter Fifteen

Days In Neverland: 27

I had seven slits in my arm, and that meant seven days had passed since Kian was torn away from me. Self inflicted by Pan's switchblade, of course.

I forgot moments devastate you from the inside out when they turn to memories. It's bitterly vexatious and anxiety-inducing how simplicity from the past feels like a feverish acid when it licks through your brain.

That was Kian, the thought of his honey suckle eyes putting me to sleep, the glow of his iris smoldering flameless like a galaxy, the calluses in his hands rubbing me tough yet silken. Not knowing if he was alright was driving me insane, the images of his throat slit or hanging limp over the well wall made my stomach twist in like a torpedo.

I couldn't tell if it was sorrow or anger I felt, lying with the top of my head pressed against the cage door and my feet weaving in and out between the back of the bars. I couldn't tell if the asphyxiation and the clogged throat was because tears were flowing inside me or I was going to snap in half. I couldn't tell. Perhaps both.

Perhaps I was dying.

"Kian," I whined, wiping my sweat-slicked fingertips along the caged ceiling. I missed everything about him. I wanted his strong arms around my waist and his lips on the back of my neck and another sip of raspberry green tea. Now. I wanted him now. I wanted him to kiss me. I wanted to taste him. I wanted to feel his breath against my collarbone and I wanted to tangle my fingers in my hair. Maybe I wasn't sorrowful or angry. Maybe I was just longing.

I began to sob then, rolling onto my stomach and bending my legs at the knee so my feet hovered over my back, the sobs cutting through the trees and disappearing in the sky. My body shook as I gasped, as I sighed, as my chest rolled in and out of absolute despair.

"Feeling blue, princess?" Pan asked, his finger already snared into a lock of my hair and whirled around his upper knuckle.

I choked, sitting up to look at him through bleary eyes, quickly patting my cheeks to smudge out the tears.