Chapter Nineteen

Heyy.

So I know I've been gone awhile I'm so sorry omf so much has happened
-cheer started. And my coach is a little insane so it's kinda taken up my life srry
-my grades have been struggling ugh
-idk I have not been in my mind set. It's been so hard to think. Idk
-on December 7th my friend Max asked me out aw so yeah it's true I have a boyfriend lmao. Fun fact, Dec 7th, 1997, my dad asked my mom out wow what a coincidence
But yeah max came over yesterday and stuff and he brought flowers and we watched movies and I made him watch once upon a time with me and he was like "wait Henry don't give him your heart you'll die"
"Why is Peter Pan such a dick"
we cuddled and kissed yeah it was a good time

I'm gonna do questions every 5 chapters I decided because answering questions every chapter gets to be a hassle you know

But I have a question for you guys:
Who is your favorite character so far and why?

Thx :*

Song Recommendations:
Last Breath by Skrux
Beyond the Sky by Electus
Feels Like We Only Go Backwards by Tame Impala

(-;

Chapter Nineteen

Days in Neverland: 34

Missing someone is a commensurate equivalent to being fastened to a bed of nails and watching every organ being torn from your body without the relief of a single drop of anesthesia. And, of course, perhaps you got your temporary pain reliever and it alleviated the shredding of your insides (which, in my case, my Ibuprofen pill was Gale) you still went right back to the fact you were missing half your organs and you were watching your innards be hauled away. All help was provisional. It was a placebo. All pain was briefly deadened.

As grisly and repugnant as the imagery was, it was accurate, and I felt that way when I watched Kian fall into the well. It was fearsome, and unearthly, and hideously gut wrenching.

But I was still in Neverland, and I contrived dishonorable plots on ways to escape.

And so far, death seemed to be the only way out.

I was up early, the pain a morning bird that loved to swill greedily away at me, like my blood was it's coffee, infused saccharine and requisite.

The feeling of homesickness made me sore and laced itself in my muscles. I felt like a stone wall, moldering yet reasonably stable, overgrown with asphyxiating vines and breaches and fissures and sections weathered away.

I missed everything about home. Even the misery of it. Even the cloak I hid behind that left me imperceptible. Being the center of attention in Neverland wasn't as promising as I had originally made it out to be.

I sure wish I had been more grateful...

The morning light was pinker than my paled toes, crossed beneath my knees as I sat peculiarly relaxed on the rock slabs crowning the fireplace.

Their wicks looked ill; their broken fingertips weakly traced the yellowing sky, the sky itself sick with jaundice, the silver linings in the clouds replaced by its fulvous crusts.

From an earlier trek down Hunting Path, I picked up an egg from my side, the weight brimful, the shell still cool and crisp.

I cracked through the brown skin with my thumb, the sound like it was plucked, the slippery white dribbling through the spaces.