Chapter Four: Broken Butterfly

© Lynn Falcon, INSANITY

Hey guys! Kiss22 and I have finally figured out a few more things plot wise that we were missing! Now we can write the fourth chapter!

P.S I would like to let you know that this is only the rough draft of Insanity. The final draft will be published via Amazon along with probably the next book... I'm working on cutting paragraphs down! Just stick with me on this!

P.P.S Try the external link... you might learn a few things about this book...
-------------------------------------------------------

Fire engulfed Amelia. She chocked on the smoke as she ran through the burning village, trying to find her way through the flames. She cried out into the night and flames that devoured her. Her throat burned and her voice was getting rougher with every attempt at calling for help. She coughed a bit more before hearing the crackling noise of something above her. A limb had caught fire, and was plummeting down towards her. Her eyes widened, glowing with the light of the flames as she screamed. She was frozen to the spot, calling out a name that she could no longer remember. She cried and cried, calling for someone to save her from the flames.

Amelia sprang upwards from the bed, panting heavily. She could feel the sweat that trickled down her back, and it made her shiver. She pulled the crimson blankets around her again to try and escape the cold kisses of morning, laying her head back down on the feather soft pillow. Her heart was still beating hard against her chest, but at least she had woken up.

The dreams had gotten worse since she arrived at the Crowley Estate. Now she was dreaming more vividly, and feared each one even more. She felt as if she were there, living another life instead of just dreaming about a nightmare. Her fear of fire had grown since these dreams had started. Maybe it was her mind telling her to try and get over her fear. No matter what it was, she knew that something had to be done if she were to ever sleep peacefully again.

A knock on the door caused her to open her eyes again. She tried to ignore it and close her eyes again, but a familiar voice spoke.

"Miss Amelia, you should be up by now." The old butler spoke with humor, only causing her to smile.

She threw her legs over the side of her bed and stood up. She quickly fixed her nightgown to where it didn't show any of her lower half before making her way over to the door. The floor tried to convince her to return the bed, and she thought about the difference between the cold floor and the warm bed as she opened the door.

The old butler stood there with a warm smile, greeting her with a cup of tea on a crystal tray.

"I have brought your morning tea, Lady Walker. Lord Crowley would like you to meet him before breakfast." He said casually. He walked past Amelia and set the tray down on the side table, pouring her a cup of tea as he continued to speak.

"Master Leonardo will be there as well. I was told to warn you of your temper." He said as he handed her the cup. 

Amelia sighed, shaking her head. She took the cup of tea and took a sip of its warm contents.

"I am not the one with the temper. Leo is the child." She retorted, taking another sip before putting it back on the tray. "Let me dress. Tell Dante I will be down in a moment, Abel." The butler, Abel, bowed to her.

"Yes ma'am." He said before taking the tray away. 

Amelia knew that today would be the day Dante would leave. She had a gut feeling it was anyway. She went to her closet and looked through it, searching for something that actually would be her style. She couldn't find anything that reminded her of home. She sighed, resting her hand on a dress that was as close to one of her own as she could get. 

She missed being home with her mother Maria. That was it, she missed home. She thought back to the look on her mother's face when she left. The confusion and then happiness that had danced in her eyes when she mentioned a suitor. She never thought that this is where she would end up though.