Chapter Six: The Beast Exists

© WrittingNinja 2013 Insanity

Ok you guys... I want to know what yu guys think of this story so far. Who's your favorite character and why? We all know this is a romance story, so let me know who you support... tea-

No Shelby. we are NOT starting that. No team anyone.

B-But Brittany! T_T They deserve a choice!

... well then... I am a Dantalion. 

Dantalion?

Yes. I support Dante.

Well then I'm a... Leonard?

I say we let them decide what to call themselves. xD

Alright! So leave a comment for who you support in this love story, and what you would call the people that support that person! xD

-----------------------------------------------

Her footsteps echoed off the walls of the grand building, slowly. The great leader herself walked the halls of her beloved Whiteblood council before every meeting. Sometimes she wondered if some meetings were worth it, worth sitting through. 

Today she knew though that the meeting concerning Dante Crowley's appearance would surely be a fierce one.

Maria Lamia the Third was the woman that lead the Whitebloods now. Her mother, the second, died in the Great Gyps War, leaving her to run the Lamia Law at a young age of 34. Now a days she was looked at as a child still. She was still young, even for the Vampires.

She stopped at a fountain that grew out of the wall. A figure in the shape of the first Maria Lamia stood with a sword in her left hand and a shield in the right, ready for battle. While her mind wandered over the past, a familiar voice came from behind.

"Maria . . . It's been so long."

Maria turned swiftly to the voice of her younger sister, Lady Nightingale. A bright smile spread across her face as she embraced her sister.

"Dear sister, there's a reason for that," She explained. After a moment of embrace they stood straight and proper once again, looking at each other.

"I understand . . . Dante is still after my blood, isn't he?" Nightingale questioned, walking at her sister's side down the grand halls. Just her presence should have been a large red flag for the council, so Maria had to be careful not to run into any of the members.

"Yes . . . He still carries hatred in his heart for what you did. You shouldn't be here, goodness Nightly you shouldn't even be in London with that mad man running around!" Maria exlaimed, worry gripping her heart as she thought of what Dante might do to her poor baby sister.

"You know why I couldn't leave, sister . . ." Nightingale said quietly, looking distant in her memories for a moment. Maria had forgotten what happened during that war so long ago. The fires, the rabid Blackbloods bruning down any village they could find.

"I'm sorry . . . I guess I have forgotten what you lost during the war," she apoligized. Maria always looked back on those days, and was always proud of the great sacrifces Nightingale had made during, and even after the war.

Nightingale shook her head, smiling slightly. "It's alright . . . but we do have a problem." She made her way over to the staircase that let her in here in the first place. After telling her the news, she planned on leaving quickly.

Maria looked concerned. It worried her that her baby sister would risk coming out of hiding just to tell her something. "What is it?"

Nightingale gave her sister a grave look, shaking her head. "We've lost it... to the beast himself." The shock that went through Maria frightened her. They lost her? Their greatest prize from the war? and to him of all things?