2016: Wannabe a Rockstar [1]

As if that day hadn't been eventful enough, The Darkness truly had bestowed an incredible gift to Dean.

His own mother, Mary Winchester, was brought back to Earth. She appeared exactly as he remembered her, as if none of the years had passed.

It had been a profound and powerful moment for Dean and Sam... After they had rescued Sam from a violent British woman who claimed she was from the British Men of Letters, and they all hated the American way of hunting.
It had acted as a screwed-up bonding trip for Dean, Leila, and Mary. It seemed to be almost symbolic of them as a hunter family.

Leila had found herself touched when Dean had introduced her to his mom as a childhood friend, as if he was cancelling out the many years that they'd grown up away from each other. He managed to find one of the photos that Bobby had kept of the three of them as kids. It had helped Mary connect with the reality of her absence better. Dean hadn't said much to Leila about it all, but he had told her that Mary still remembered everything as if Dean was still a child and Sam was still a baby, so seeing them grown up would take a while to process. She had to mourn the time lost.
Leila couldn't begin to imagine how hard it must be to come back to Earth with your sons all grown up and your husband dead.

After the rescue and Sam's reunion with his mother, they got in the car and drove back to the bunker. Leila showed Mary around the place. She seemed pretty overwhelmed from everything; Leila didn't blame her.

After showing Mary about half of the bunker, Leila got a call that she had to answer. She passed Mary off to Sam and Dean for the rest of the tour.
She only answered the phone because it said '666' and that had always been Crowley calling otherwise Mary Winchester would have had her full attention.

"Yes?" Leila answered it as a whisper as she walked away from the others. "I'm busy, what's up?"

"Leila! Thought you'd want to know that your beloved Lucifer is alive and well."

Leila huffed at Crowley's choice of words, wondering how public the knowledge was or if he was just teasing. "Okay."

"He's taken a new vessel. I doubt it will hold up long, so we need to act fast."

"We?"

"Yes. We. Me, you, and the bloody Angel. Hey wait -"

"Hello Leila." Castiel's familiar cadence filled the phone receiver. Leila pictured how Castiel must have taken the phone from Crowley. "If you're busy, don't come, but we could use the help. Also, Crowley never stops talking."

"Oh you love it!" Leila could hear Crowley teasing in the background. The other noises suggested they were in a noisy bar.

Leila affirmed her availability and hung up. She headed to her room and packed up her backpack with some clothes, a hygiene bag and first aid kit. She stuck a note to her bedroom door and snuck out of the bunker.

The Winchesters three were preoccupied with their reunion, so she was able to sneak out after opening the front door at an awkwardly slow speed, so the creak didn't sound through the bunker. They needed quality time with Mary anyway. It would be a long bumpy road before she was okay. Plus, after the awful first run-in with the British men of letters, Leila was happy to be refocusing on Lucifer. They had barely begun to reconnect after he had left the cage again. Leila was still processing the moments they had in her bedroom.

She drove to the co-ordinates that Castiel had sent her and found him at a bar sitting next to Crowley with a slumped posture whilst the Demon king sipped at a colourful cocktail, in his element.
After startling Castiel while attempting to lay a comforting hand on his shoulder, Leila slid into the available seat next to Crowley.

"Evening," She nodded to them both.

"Leila." Crowley acknowledged. "Please tell me you brought Castiel's humour. He's seemed to have left it back in the bunker."
Castiel rolled his eyes.

Leila didn't answer the joke. "So, is he near?"

"Nope." Crowley set his drink down, which had been reduced to the ice. "We have a lead that he's gone to see Vince's sister."

"Oh?" Leila raised an eyebrow and looked over to Castiel who had a worn-out expression on his face. He and Crowley were, for the most part, opposing personalities and she was certain Castiel was already exhausted from Crowley's non-stop sardonic energy.
"Vince?" Leila checked, "Is that someone we know?"

"Vince Vincente." Crowley accented the 'V's in the name. "Not worth knowing."

"Hmm, that sounds familiar." Leila got out her phone and searched it up. "Oh yeah the hair metal guy." She sighed, thinking shallowly to herself 'why didn't you go for someone hotter and younger for me'.

"Are you boys just here waiting for me, then?"

"Yes, though I am partial to a tequila sunrise." Answered Crowley. "And don't call me a boy ever again. I use it on the Winchesters because they are like children, and there are simple mortals."

"Are they really mortal if they can just come back to life after dying?" Leila mumbled. "Angels and Demons can die too but they are considered immortal. Yet when the appropriate weapon kills them, they are truly dead."