2016: His Return [1]

Leila had been moving between the bunker and Jodi Mills' house for a good six months. The kickass girls only weekends came in handy when she was exhausted by Sam and Dean's mannerisms and sibling fights.

Leila would always text Sam when she was an hour away from the bunker, so they knew to expect her arrival. Unwanted arrivals were a big 'no' at the Men of Letters bunker.
She didn't have a reply from Sam by the time she arrived so she carefully walked into the house to listen out for if anyone was home. The bunker was securely warded but it was always good to be extra cautious.

When she got past the bunker door she listened out for any noises.

She could hear Castiel, but he was speaking differently. His pitch was higher, and his cadence was somewhat familiar to Leila.
After a moment of puzzlement, she smiled to herself. Castiel is making fun of someone perhaps, or he's recently discovered method acting.

As Leila walked into the main room, she noticed a mess of books on the floor. There were ingredients for a spell laid out on one of the tables. 
"Castiel are you okay?" She put down her bag. "It's a mess in here, what did that spell do?"

"Leila." Castiel sounded like his usual self again, but she felt like he said her name like it was an exhale. "Sam and Dean tasked me with a finding spell for an item touched by god that could help with Amara."

"That's great! Did Sam and Dean go to get another ingredient?"
"Not... Cas!" Dean, who was behind a bookshelf just out of Leila's field of vision, shouted in heavy breaths, only to then grimace in audible agony after Castiel twisted his arm in the direction of the voice. "Lucif... Ah!"
There was a wet coughing sound. Leila imagined Dean sputtering blood. Her eyes went wide.
She drew out a hunting knife that was strapped onto her utility belt. 
Lucifer?

The expression on the angel's face curved into a frown and eye-roll, He smacked his arms to his sides, child-like and dismayed, "Dean! I've been practising my acting for the last six years for Leila and you just ruined it!" He turned back to Leila with a Cheshire smile, "Hiya Babe, how's it going?"

Wow. It's him. But he's in Castiel. But he's himself. Leila would never get over the notion of vessels. 

"I'm no fashion expert but you don't suit the Castiel range, I think you should change."

"Ouch, I have been locked in a dull cage for six -earth - years, and that is how it's going to be?" He crossed his arms, "No running into my arms?"
"Castiel's arms.
Leila did want to run into his arms, but she was so confused. Also, Dean and Sam wouldn't understand it.

"So, you only want to touch me when I'm using 'Nick' as a vessel, hmm?" He said the name in a soft breathy tone. The 'hmm' was dragged out, turning into a throaty laugh as he pulled out a dark hidden truth.

Leila paled.
The Devil was back, and he was in full power, inhabiting an angel and an angel's vessel.

"Looking a bit pasty all of the sudden sweetheart, I think you should sit down, maybe it's the memories? I blush about it too sometimes." He said the last part in a forced idle giggle. 

She sat down, she hadn't chosen too. Suddenly she was sitting on the mess of a table, closer to him. She could now see Sam and Dean laying on the floor.
The knife had clattered to the floor upon her relocation. Lucifer looked over to it and then back to her.
"Were you going to re-inact our first meeting with that useless knife? maybe you are a romantic after all," His hands clasped together, and he sighed.

From where she now sat, Leila could see what Lucifer couldn't – Sam and Dean were both independently attempting to draw Angel banishing sigils. Dean had stopped. He was just starring at Leila, trying to construct what the Devil was saying.

"Did you rape my fucking sister?" Dean growled.

"I wouldn't dare." Lucifer, surprisingly honestly, stated. "It was mutually consented, every time. I'm not a Demon."

"No excuses, Satan." Dean spat the name like the venom he thought it to be.

"Honey, tell him."

Leila Courson did not speak. She felt incredibly uncomfortable with Lucifer residing in Castiel and hadn't told Sam or Dean anything about the cage.

I don't want to defend Lucifer, but I don't want Dean to think that I've experienced such a particular horror.

But, why... how did he...?

She stared, unblinking, at the vessel that Lucifer inhabited. She was trying to see if Castiel was still somewhat conscious in there. She wanted him to intervene.

'Did you really think he cared about you?' Castiel had asked her after he found out about her time in the cage.
Leila looked back at Lucifer with watering eyes. Eyes that pleaded the truth from him.
She suddenly saw his face change. It looked sympathetic. She felt like he was about to give her the reassurance she needed.

Sam slapped his bleeding hand on a sigil he'd drawn on the wall and Lucifer and Castiel were expelled from the Bunker.

It took a minute more for the Winchesters to get off the floor.
It took Leila ten minutes more to move from where she sat on the edge of the table.
She felt terrible. 
Dean and Sam had begun putting stuff away around her, giving her some space. Dean seemed angrier than Sam about hearing Lucifer's words. Sam was worried.

"Leila, I swear if he-"
"Leila, are you okay?"
"I feel sick," she said emotionlessly, not moving. "I feel-"
She shuddered and began crying. Dean pulled her off the table and into a hug. She nuzzled her face against his neck and close her eyes, trying to catch breaths between wails.
Dean looked straight at Sam, but his hate-fuelled expression had melted into sadness as Leila's warm tears soaked the shoulder of his shirt.