2010: The Meeting [3]

Leila didn't realise he'd returned until she found herself able to stand again. They were in a new location that she'd never been too. He was looking out of the window, at the lights of cars passing. They seemed to be in a busy city.
Leila wasn't a fan of cities. 

"Forgive my lack of luxury, I don't need to eat, sleep and piss like you cosmic mishaps," He explained with sour tone.
"business go bad?" She asked.
"Not your concern,"
"Do I get to have any concern?" She huffed, "Like, have I not proven my lack of worth yet?" She went to sit on a nearby crate, "Can I go?"
"If I found you worthless, do you think I'd let you go instead of killing you?"
"Touché but I don't feel dead, Mr Devil,"
"Mr Devil," he snorted at the name. "Anyway, we never finished you saying that you want to accompany me as a representative human,"
"You already stated that I'm not like the norm," She couldn't help but make a jokey accent with the last words, finding the whole concept ridiculous and narcissistic.

"Laugh all you want sweetheart, you just got complimented by the King of Darkness,"

"Sorry, I meant 'Thank you your majesty of darkness', how about that?" She mocked.

"Okay so meeting time, how do I win Sam over?"

"I don't know," Leila answered honestly. Lucifer's hand twisted in her direction and she felt like her guts were being pulled out. She fell off the crate and onto the floor.

"I need a valid answer, just a thought would suffice," Lucifer huffed. "You're expendable,"

"If it's fate then he'll do it as long as the world is stable afterwards, I think, I don't know!" She got louder as the pain didn't stop, "I've only just rejoined the Winchester social club, see for yourself!"
The pain stopped and the air around her tasted amazing, felt like luxury.

"You're volunteering your memories?" He was in front of her in seconds.
"Yeah sure, off you fucking go," She closed her eyes.

It hurt worse than the gut twisting: He was sorting through her mind, seeing her private memories accompanied by her thoughts and opinions of each situation.

Leila woke up after having passed out during the ordeal. 

Lucifer was watching her curiously. Once again they'd changed location and she was in what appeared to be a royally coloured five star hotel, still in the city.

"What were you saying earlier about luxury?"
"I'm being 'nice', this doesn't cost me anything, just a snap of the fingers,"
Leila didn't respond. She decided to make use of her moments on the soft bed and feel were weight drift into the mattress. 
The bed moved as a new weight came on to it. Lucifer sat cross-legged at the other side of the bed. 

"Work with me and I'll help you kill the demon that puppeteered and murdered Logan,"

"That won't bring him back," She said through gritted teeth.

"It's revenge... justice!" He rattled his fists emphatically, "What else do you want?"

"Maple glazed pancakes with a side of honeycomb ice cream and a latte," she blinked after speaking, surprised at her subconscious thought process and lack of action. Why didn't she say 'to leave here and go live normally again?

Lucifer clicked his fingers three times, making it a sort of spacey tune. In front of her was exactly what she asked for. From how it looked, Lucifer had 'stolen' the three items from people who were just about to dig into them around the city. The pancakes were on a blue diner plate, the ice cream was in a fancy glass cup and the latte was in a large Starbucks mug.
"Aw, Lucifer you're spoiling me,"
"Now that we've reaching buddy status, help me win over Sam, you can have Nick back,"  He spoke venomously, trying to remind himself that he was working with a human - the creature he had gone his existence despising. The ones who had caused him to be locked in the cage. 

"If I say no will you kill me?"

"It's definitely a powerful motivating tool for you mortals," He smirked. 

"So I have to say Yes?"

"We're getting somewhere, finally!"

"Maybe," As the words left her mouth, she braced herself for another twisting of organs or cold dreary rooms. 

Lucifer just nodded. "If you don't say 'yes' by the time I actually get Sam to say 'yes'. My first act in his vessel will be your slow torture," Suddenly his head flicked up. "I am being called, There is a meeting of pagan gods, wanna come watch daddy kill some bad people?" 
Leila didn't say yes, nor had she had more than one bite of the pancakes, before she found herself in the lobby of a hotel. 

A desk bell was sounded. 
"Checking In," Lucifer announced his presence. Leila was right behind him for the beginning. However she could feel he wasn't focused on her. She could run away at any moment.