2014: After the Cage [3]

The 'Men of Letters' bunker was a large expansive underground facility rich with occult information and peculiar objects. The kitchen was similar to that of a restaurant with its extensive utilities such as a large stove and refrigerator. The doors seemed to go on for ages down the, for now, complex hallways. Leila was still remembering the practically three roomed house Bobby had lived in – or at least, the three rooms she used in his house. Her house before the Winchester's had called her in had been a skinny house with two floors and five rooms all together. This 'new' place was more like a historical hotel d'occult et macabre.

After Leila was secure in the bunker that Sam knew well, his attitude and character changed. He was withdrawn and determined. He had tunnel vision for his brother and wanted to find him as soon as possible.
Leila let him withdraw and made herself at home in an empty bedroom and went to access the bathroom.
For the first time in many years, Leila did not want to help Sam Winchester, nor anybody.
She had spent the past two years talking, and... other, with Lucifer, about the concept of life, about humanity, about the world.
They'd talked a lot, but she'd never really had a quiet moment to process everything.
Until now, under the reflective ritual of a shower. She stared at the steam spreading across one of the glass panes which enclosed the square space of the shower.

"Have you considered... that your dad made humans so that you – I mean the angels – could feel similar to how he felt? Because before humans existed, your powers were just your personalities. Introducing... us... resulted in you being something more."

"Yes and no," Lucifer absent-mindedly braided Leila's hair. "Michael, Gabriel and I were already powerful beings the other angels would look up to for answers and commands,"

"But, yes, because more 'lesser' beings meant more of a feeling of power,"

"Well, if that was the case, he screwed up and fell for the fact that they were weak and flawed, to us it was unheard of and I was disgusted by the impurity,"
Leila shuffled herself around, causing Lucifer to let go of her hair. Earlier, she had flinched away when he went near her hair. She remembered the hair-yanking like it was hours before. Also, he had only moments before been throwing his angel blade at a wall of skin that he had conjured up in the hallucinatory confines of the cage.
When Laura accepted she couldn't escape him in the cage, she yielded. Then he surprised her with being gentle. He surprised himself too with his willingness to be thoughtful towards her pain. He had been so polar with Sam's flinches and pleas.

"So, God cursed you to be the ruler of impurities," Leila concluded. Stating it as a fact, not a question.

Lucifer was silent for a moment. Breathing heavily from his nostrils. Eons had pased and Lucifer would never be able to forgive and forget his father's actions towards him.
Leila didn't want to look at him in the eyes anymore. His stare was intense. It homed a unique mix of rage and pain which she would never see in her fellow human beings. Lucifer's plight could never be understood by mortals. Leila could do her best, especially if she was to be stuck in the cage for a long while with him.

"Yes." He finally answered.

"Leila? are you okay, you've been in the shower for a while now?" The rattling of the door from Sam's knocking startled Leila out of her memory. She grabbed the metal support for the shower head in an effort to not fully slip over. The sudden palpitations from the minor slip made her feel nauseous.
"Yeah, all fine, Sam, just a lot to clean off," She explained. She looked down at the fallen water, but it was as clear as it had come out of the tap. There was no mud, twigs or blood swirling around the drain. She switched the faucet off and wrapped herself in a blanket. She wrung her hair out in the sink and wrapped it in a towel of a matching brown colour.

She almost made it passed the sofa when it beckoned her to melt into it. Just for a moment; and feel the soft cushion against her neck as her head lolled back free. Her muscles relaxed by the therapeutic waters of the shower. It was only a matter of seconds before she had fallen into her first deep sleep since returning to the mortal world. 

-

Leila woke up to agonised groans and shouts. A door slammed. Sam walked in, distressed and exhausted. Leila propped herself up with her elbows. There was a note beside her on the coffee table.
'Gone to find Dean, will be back as soon as possible, call if need'
There was a phone and charger beside the note.

"Leila?" Sam squinted at her laying on the sofa, still wrapped in two towels and an extra blanket he had produced. He must have been gone a while because he seemed surprised that she hadn't moved. Then he attempted to assume a hospitable role. "Let me go get you a glass of water, do you want anything? Cereal?"
Leila was still waking up. She let out a groggy 'huh' in response to his sentence.
Then she remembered the shouting.
"Dean?"

"Yeah, uh, Dean's going through a treatment of blessed human blood right now,"

"Wow, you'd never hear that pop up in a normal conversation," She murmured. 
"You, uh... let me go find you some clothes," Sam bustled off down the hall again after clumsily putting the water next to Leila, smudging his earlier written note.

Leila pulled her hair away from the head towel's grasp and messily tossed it over her shoulder. The water felt like it was gone the moment she brought the cup to her lips since she drank it so fast.
"I don't remember ordering any food but you're a pretty cute burrito,"
Leila turned her head over the sofa to return with a cheesy pick up line of her own but instead her gaze was met with full black eyes. 

However, it was the first time Leila had seen Dean in years and she couldn't hold herself back from embracing him from over the sofa back. Under the unpleasant identification of sulfur, he smelled and felt like the Dean she had known before.
The hug was cut short by Dean assisting her towel in falling down to expose her top half.
"Not interested, Winchester,"
"How was hell?"
"Haven't you been?"
"Mmm, but not the cage, with Lucifer, I bet that was quite....uncomfortable," He dragged a pause and whispered the last word in her ear.
Like he knew about how her and Lucifer had been.
But, Dean didn't know. He just knew that it would make her uncomfortable either way to be reminded of The Cage.
"Dean!"
"I'll be back in a minute, sweetheart, I need to deal with my brother right now." With that he turned around and followed Sam's voice.