2012: The Cage [1]

-Two years after the events of the Apocalypse and Lucifer-

Leila rose from the ground. Her jaw hurt from the rough floor. Her hair was tossed over her face, knotted already. The copper hues were darkened from the mud that had entangled with her hair when she had been knocked over on in the woods. The last thing she had remembered was the smell of damp earth, blood and then a blinding white light, followed by the horrible feeling of butterflies in her lungs and stomach as she was falling, fast. 

There was nothing but reddish-black abyss beyond the thick bars that contained her.
Four walls of thick metal bars. A Cage.

The Cage.

Leila was in The Cage with the two most powerful Archangels.
Well, one of the/if not the most powerful Archangel; Michael still inhabited Adam.He was in a corner muttering to himself. He seemed completely gone. Leila could only confidently say it was Michael because there were only three bodies in the cage. Hers, Michael's and Lucifer's.

And boy, was the Devil grinning...

"Leila Courson! What's brought you down here?" He laughed. Her making of an appearance was definitely surprising.

Leila was terrified. She stood in place, eyes wide, lips trembling. There were smudges of dirt on her cheeks and her bottom lip had drying blood. 
Lucifer was fascinated, excited even. He'd never seen Leila as terrified as she was now. Her smart comebacks were lost. Her blunt stare was left on Earth with her aggressive confidence.
She had no control over her situation, no escape. It had petrified her. 

Lucifer acted out a sympathetic look. "Is it the being in Hell, the being with big bad me or being in a cage for eternity?"

"The first,"

He was expecting her to nod, frightened, to all of his list. He thought she would be afraid of his potential actions or the longevity of the imprisonment.
She should be, right?

There was more. She was looking at him hesitatively, as if she was going to do something.

"Is that it?" He dragged on, he attempted to predict her behaviour, "You know attacking me won't do you any good at all, for eternity. This is my box."

"Attack?... Can you not read my mind?" She whispered.
"I could, but it would be more fun if we developed a relationship where you spoke."
Leila's eyelids fluttered at the word 'relationship'.
Lucifer went to cross his arms over his chest, but instead Leila took a step towards him. He lowered his arms in confusion and to see if, like when they met, she'd attempt to pummel him again. Once again Leila hesitated.
"We don't really need privacy here anyway, Michael promises not to peak, He doesn't even turn around anymore." He chuckled in his throat momentarily, "You can talk about whatever you want, it's just you and me."

No response from Leila. She was still shaking.

"You know what? I'm going to promise to not do anything for the next minute and you can try whatever newfound punch you want to throw." After all, time was eternal in this cage. Whatever she did to him, he could avenge threefold and more.
He looked away from her, as if giving a moment of privacy, and began to count slowly, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5..."
Six became the cut-off point.

Leila Courson buried her face into his chest, her arms wrapped around his torso. Her hyperventilated breathing could be felt as vibrations against his chest.
They started to slow down as she hugged him.

Lucifer did not wish to deny that the hug was interesting, comfortable even. After all, it was his first ever hug. It was, just, incredibly unexpected and lacking in his violent norm.

It was going to be a completely new experience of life with Leila in the cage. If one could have a 'life' at all in the darkness of Hell.

"Okay! Minute up," He stayed in his usual character for the time being.
He'd typically want to play on Leila's vulnerability. He was the Devil after all. 
The fear remained etched on her face. She withdrew and began walking to the opposite corner.

Thank You. She prayed to him as a direct thought for him to here. Whether or not he heard her would never be known. He didn't move.

He was thinking about how the experience hadn't been bad at all.