6~ chocolate

(your pov) 

i woke up for work like any other day and i didnt account for the rain pour. francis on the other hand was to sick to go to work today, so im stuck to walking. its not like i have an umbrella either so im stuck under the awning. 

"hey" i heard that familar voice. and there he was with an umbrella in his hands. "you didnt have to" i spoke back as he handed me the umbrella. "i wanted to" and with that he went back inside. so my walk to work started. 

the rain caught most of the drops of the rain, apart from my legs which were still getting wet from the puddles and stray raindrops. and when i approached the door i was five minutes late. 

"this is why we cant trust women" theres my coworkers scolding me for being late. i deal with the sexism all the time, im growing used to it. it gives me a reason to show them i can be better then them. and seeing as i work in the kitchen they cant tell me to go back to it. 

since the rain slows everything down, it was a slow day. 

(francis pov)

its not like i planned it this way, but its not like i can drive either. i feel like shit inside and out, i could have driven ten minutes, but i didnt. i just want to go to sleep, my nose is killing me. and theres the phone. "are you home?" its the fucking post outside. "im home, im not expecting any visitors" i said and then they hung up. 

i would assume theres a doppelgänger of me, that causes trouble. and before i could even step away the phone rang again. "hello" i answered. "francis, do you think you would be well enough to pick me up and take me to the store today?" y/n was on the other line. before i could answer another voice rang in through the line. "shes on the phone, i told you girls are no good. shes to danty to be here ricky. shes only good for sex and babies" i assume its her coworkers.

"sorry about them really. and if you cant its fine" she sounds like its not breaking her spirit. "i can manage, still four?" i asked. "i want to leave early, figure three" she spoke next. "ill be there at 3" i spoke with a smile despite her not even being able to see it. "thank you, truly thank you" she spoke and with a click the call was ended. 

i wouldnt even think she dealt with all that when she goes to work. shes taking the whole im only here for a paycheck thing rather serious. i suppose thats why shes on anastachas case about men so much. she works with a bunch of assholes, understandable with this rise of assholes. 

i cant help but feel remorseful for her. 

(your pov)

"ill show you how to do it correctly" i was now being pushed away for trying to chop a fucking tomato. "hey hey hey, who was originally in a kitchen?" i asked "women" and as soon as he said that he realized what i meant. i have to scoop to their level sometimes. 

but what i didnt expect was for a dopple to be IN the kitchen. i knew we let them eat here in a private section. i tried not to look but when they slaughter somebody next to you its hard to not look. "ricky is gone" another person spoke just as soon as they were D.D.D in the building. turns out we had to close early. 

so im back to ringing francis. "hello?" his voice rang. "um, long story but do you think you can pick me up right now?" i asked. "ill be there in five to ten" and then there was a click. it was only one when i got off. but i stood outside with everything going on around me waiting for francis to come get me. 

with the umbrella over my head i was waiting outside while the D.D.D and police solve everything. "why are you still here?" one of the police asked. "im waiting for my ride, he should be here soon" i answered and he stood there next to me. "must be pretty shaken up" he stated. "its fine, not really. it happens" i answered back. "it happens?" he questioned. "im surrounded by them. they eat here, ive seen them in my apartment hallways. ive just grown used to it" i answered back which seemed to clear me of suspicion.