7~ butterscotch

(your pov)

i woke up on the couch as he was eating a bowl of cereal. "the dead finally rises" he spoke as i rubbed my eyes. "i apologize" i said going to my own place to get ready for work. i didnt truly know if work would be open today or not. so in the hopes its not i would have to prepare to walk back. 

its still raining outside, and since i havent watched the news i have no idea on when it will stop. i stopped watching the news since all you heard about was the killings, or the rise of dopples. but then there was a knock. 

"yes?" i answered in a hurry. "the restaurant is closed due to the events of yesterday." he spoke. it was on the news, and that i had missed everything made me feel like a fool. and with a sigh i closed the door. and then i heard talking in the hallway followed by another knock.

i opened it to find anastacha in her uniform for school. "happy birthday y/n" she said handing me a small gift. there wasnt a way it was friday. "thank you" i said with a smile getting a simple return back. "happy birthday" i looked over to see him still there. 

"go to work francis" i laughed out and with a smile he left. i was 22. and what was my course of action today? clean since i dont have work. putting on the frank Sinatra on my record player, which made it easier to listen to what i actually wanted to. 

(francis pov)

i suppose she didnt go back to her own place, or didnt wake up either way it didnt matter to me. just made it harder to get ready since i had to be more quiet. either way it was fine. it was humorous to see she had forgotten the date of her own birthday on the other hand. 

i would have to with all the events going on for her. shes already been pretty used to it for awhile now it seems, i assume shes had first hand experiences. but here where i am at the milk station, i get my jars and head to all the houses. with strict rules for each customer i have to carry out. leave it by the door, knock and hand, and then i leave the sit and talks for last. its the longest portion of the job. 

for today it was just a single complex, followed by the one i live in. and with each passing moment that came into the light i would drop them off one by one. getting through the security checks of all the complexes is the worst part. it gets worse when it comes to the one i live at.  

knock and hand, and i hope today she doesnt yap my ear off. "oh hey" and she is, ruby hickory. every friday she makes my days worse. "your milk" i spoke handing her the container. "you know, i know i say your cute everytime i see you, but i have a friend in mind" she had a smirk on her face. "heres the address, and the apartment number" i was handed a slip of paper. 

funny enough its the same address as mine. same floor. the one right next to me. "her name is y/n l/n. shes been alone since highschool" she gave me a smile. "im aware of who she is, her birthday is today" i spoke to her. "holy fuck your right, i have to go" she closed the door. i took her bottles and left to the next person. 

funny enough someone would recommend her to me, let alone someone who would forget their friends birthday.  "wait" i turned back around to see her handing me a old picture of her. "give this to her will you, i cropped out miller" she smiled and went back to her place. 

who the fuck is miller. i have no time to worry about it, i still have milk to deliver or ill be here forever. 

(your pov)

i decided to partake in painting once more in my life. i used to be so good at it and now it seems like a skill lost. it was only 2 meaning he probably wouldnt be back for another hour or so. and with a knock on my door i was faced with that one reporter dude.