episode 14

It's been a few days, well.. weeks, since Nick had his last encounter with his now ex-boyfriend. The young man spends the most of his days with Boston. He rants to him, shares all his problems, complain about Dan 24/7, cry to him.

To Nick, They were friends but more. He never felt such a soul connection with anyone before. It feels like Boston is the only one that can understand him, because how could anybody else? 

Lost in thought, Nick stared at his phone scrolling through the dozens of pictures he had of Dan. 'I should truly delete these' Nick thought.

The breakup really negatively affected Nick,  mentally and spiritually. He tries not to think about it much.

Nick wished he never met dan in the first place.

He wished he didn't spend all that time talking and thinking about him. He wished he never cared about the times Dan wouldn't pay attention to him. He wished he never got excited whenever Dan made him feel special, He wished he never believed what he said. He wished he had never gotten his hopes up for him in the first place, He wished he hadn't kept on trying and trying knowing he would go through the same thing. In the end, It would always be him getting hurt but never Dan.

The continuous, restless nights of crying made him wonder how foolish he was to fall for such a guy.

Love.
Love.
Love.
What a cruel jest it can be. It sears like a lit cigarette, leaving behind emptiness. It's the initial stages that deceive, making one feel cherished. Yet, only when the tale concludes do you realize the full extent of its impact.

Who knows what Nick could have done if Boston hadn't been there to comfort and guide him. There's no doubt that Dan already got over him. He's probably having the best time of his life with his new boyfriend. They probably go on dates, kiss each other, laugh with each other, do all the things that they used to do.

He is glad that Dan actually found his life partner. He's glad that Dan is able to live the life he wanted, Even if he's not a part of it. He's glad everything is going well for him. At least between the two of them, one of them as happy.

And maybe Nick is just better off alone.

Meanwhile, Boston's cheerful voice breaks his chain of thoughts, pulling Nick back to reality. "Hey Nick, wanna go rollerblading?" Boston said, having two pairs of dusty roller skates in his hands. Nick was pulled out of his deep thoughts, Boston felt something was wrong but decided not to question it. Nick turned his head and looked at the skates in the other's hand.

"But I don't know how to-"

"It's ok, I can teach you! Though it's a been a while since the last time rollerbladed." Just as Nick was about to protest, seeing the excited look on the other male's face, he couldn't help but agree to the offer.

--------------------🎱----------------------

Before the two men knew it, they were already at the a park. "Hey ton.. I don't know if we should-" before Nick could even finish his sentence, Boston cut him off. "You'll be fine, trust me" Boston dragged him by the hand to a nearby bench to put on their skates.

They made their way over to the bench and started taking off their shoes. Just when Boston had finished putting on his skates, He saw Nick was struggling to get them on. Seeing the other's struggle, Boston bent down on one of his knees, taking the skates from Nick's hands. Nick watched as Boston gently fit the pair of skates on his feet and started tying them.

Strangely, his heart felt touched by the small action. He felt the same warm sensation in his heart. He never understood what it meant, or how or why it happens. It just does. Especially when he's with ton.

Even if Boston does the smallest of actions, such as opening a water bottle for him, or tying his shoe laces, It made him feel something which he hasn't felt in a long time.

"Done!" Boston stood up and reached out his hand. Nick nervously looked around before taking his hand and standing up. As expected, immediately as he stood up, He failed to make balance on the roller blades and was about to hit face first onto the concrete.

"Woah, easy there!" Boston said catching him by the shoulders before he could make contact with the ground. "Just follow my lead, ok?" Boston assured, holding both of Nick's hand.

"Ton how about I just watch skate, I really don't know how to do this. If I fall, It's gonna be your fault." Nick said nervously. His palms were starting to get clammy. "Nick! You're going to be just fine!" Nick  stared at the other man's eyes, which we're looking right at him.

Weirdly enough, just by staring at those dark eyes, It seemed to bring him a sort of comfort. Even though they're no words being told. Just staring back at those orbs, He could sense a feeling of longing, lost in that dark forest.

"See, You're doing great" Boston said with a smile, pulling Nick out of his thoughts. Before Nick even realized it, He felt the nervousness he once had wash away. It was like, staring at the other male made the world around him stop.

Maybe it was his soothing words or maybe it was his smile that grew roses on the scars of his past. Or maybe it was the fact that Nick could see all the possibilities life could offer in the reflection of his eyes.

Whatever it was, it made Nick feel something He hasn't felt in a long time.

The pounding of his heart whenever they held hands. The soul connection he felt in his heart whenever they hugged. It was as if there was an invisible string of bond tied around the both of their hearts that kept them together.

It was such a knowingly unknown feeling that made him feel special...

---------------------------📜--------------------------

I'M BACK!! NO MORE HAVE THIS STORY ON HOLD!!