Entry 1189: Sunday 29th December 2019

Entry 1189
Sunday 29th December 2019

It's been suggested that I write down all about what happened yesterday because it might help. I'm not convinced but here goes...

Mike, Naomi, Sci-Fi Cyn and I met at Sails Café and had our usual bi-daily catch up over a cuppa. I was ranting and raving about Tinsley making Harold Deputy Commander and Naomi kept trying to tell me to calm down and forget about Harold and think about our up-and-coming wedding, but I just couldn't contain my anger. Things were especially awkward as me, Mike and Naomi had to make sure we didn't spill the beans about the mysterious naked woman to Sci-Fi Cyn, although the way I was feeling, part of me wanted to tell everyone about the mysterious naked woman, and stop doing any favours for Tinsley and Harold.

Once we left the café and said our goodbyes, Mike went off The IEC to bash in some infected skulls, and Sci-Fi Cyn went back to GRID HQ, and Naomi and I started to go back to mine to see Leo and Sophie who were being looked after by Mum and Auntie Meryl. We holding hands walking up the street, and Naomi was trying to calm me down as I was still moaning about Harold when a very worried looking Mia approached us. "There you are," she said, "I've been looking for you. Meryl and Lynn said you were with Mike and Cyn at Sails." "What's up?" I asked. "OK," said Mia, "Just don't go mad." I immediately felt myself starting to get mad. "Mia," I said, "When a person goes up to someone saying don't get mad, that person is going to start getting mad." "What is it?" asked Naomi. "Dad's with that poor naked woman," said Mia. "What!?" gasped Naomi. "How does he even know about her!?" I exclaimed. Mia lowered her head and looked incredibly guilty. "You told him, didn't you!?" I angrily snapped, "WHY!?" We said we'd keep it to ourselves!" "I had to," said Mia, "I can't lie. I hate lying. He saw me coming back from your garden and he asked me what was going on. I tried to put him off. I said I couldn't tell him but he got it out of me. I can't lie to him Luke. He's my Dad. He saved my daughter." "So, he's known since Christmas Day?" I snapped. "What did he do when you told him?" asked Naomi. "He told me not to worry," sad Mia, "He said I had done the right thing telling him and that he'd sort it all out." "Sort it all out?" said Naomi, "What does that mean?" "It means he moved her from the shed," I said. "Oh, what does any of this really matter?" said Naomi, "We were going to tell GRID all about this strange woman, so if she's back at GRID HQ the matter's closed." "She's not back at GRID HQ," said Mia. "So, your dad's taken her out of the shed and hidden her somewhere?" I said. "No," said Mia, "Dad didn't take her out of the shed. He was as surprised as I was to find out she'd disappeared but I think he knows now who did let her out of the shed." "This is getting really confusing," I said, "If your dad didn't let the woman out of the shed, who did?" "I don't know," said Mia, "But Dad does. I overheard him on the walkie talkie an hour ago. He was talking to someone about meeting them in an old disused factory on the edge of Cowes. I couldn't hear everything he was saying, but I did hear him saying something about how she needs to go back to where she came from before other people found out. I think he was talking about that woman. I've tried to talk to him about it but he keeps telling me that there's nothing for me to worry about and that he's sorting it." "Hang on," said Naomi, "Let's just get this straight. You told your dad about the woman in the shed. She escapes from the shed. Your dad says he didn't let her out of the shed and the next thing you hear is your dad speaking to someone on the walkie talkie arranging to meet them in some factory saying, 'she needs to go back to where she came from before other people found out'." "Yes," said Mia, "Whoever this person is, I think they're the one who let the woman out of the shed." "Well done, Sherlock," I bluntly said, "I think we figured that out. The question is, who is this person? Why would they let the woman out of the shed and why would they end up talking to Harold about this? What's any of this got to do with Harold?" "I don't know," said Mia, "But I think he knows more about this than he's saying." "Why doesn't that surprise me?" I bluntly said. "Oh God who cares?" said Naomi, "This isn't our problem? Your dad will probably tell Tinsley, and that woman will end up back where she belongs. Maybe Harold was talking to Tinsley over the radio." "It didn't sound like he was talking to Tinsley," said Mia, "It sounded all serious and mysterious." "So!?" exclaimed Naomi. "So, I'm worried about this poor woman," said Mia, "She could be all scared and naked in this factory." "Mia, why are you telling us?" asked Naomi, "What do you want us to do about it?" "I want you to come with me and see if this woman's alright," said Mia. "Sorry," said Mia, "This isn't our problem. We've got a wedding to organise." "I'll come with you," I said to Mia, "What!?" gasped Naomi. "Something dodgy is going on here," I said, "And I want to know what." "Oh, Luke, why do you have to get involved?" "There was a naked woman in my shed," I said, "She was infected one minute and then uninfected the next. Don't you want to know who she is?" "Not really," said Naomi, "I want us to focus on our wedding." "We can focus on the wedding after we've got this sorted," I said. "You don't want to get anything sorted," Naomi said, "You just want to bring Harold down a peg or two." "So, what if I do?" I said, "He needs bringing down a peg or two, and to be honest I looked at that woman and she looked scared. I want to know she's OK." "Fine," sighed Naomi, rolling her eyes, "I'll come with you, but if this turns into another long-winded drama, I'm going to kill you." "Well, I think we should hope for the worst and plan for the best," said Mia. "Other way round," I said. Mia frowned with confusion. "Best for the plan and worst for the hope?" asked Mia. "Oh, it doesn't matter," I said. "If we think there's going to be trouble, do I need to be ready to get my gash out?" asked Mia. "I really hope it doesn't come to that," I said, "In more ways than one."