Part 7

-Muichiro-

It's two days after the attack at USJ, and we are back at school. I keep getting random flickers of memory and I'm really confused. All I know is I'm in trouble because I killed that villain. They think it was an accident though, so I am just prohibited from participating in the sports festival. When I walk into class, Ashido rushes up to me.

"Tokitou-Kun! I was so worried! Are you okay!" She asks, hugging me. I think I surprised the whole class when I hugged her back.

"Yeah, I'm much better now. Thanks, Ashido!" I exclaim, smiling.

I rush over to my seat and sit down, bouncing my leg. When class ends I walk toward Todoroki.

"Umm, Todoroki-San?" I ask, a bit worried.
"Yeah?"

"Would you like to come to my house for dinner tonight?"

He smiles and agrees so I give him the address to Butterfly Mansion where I live with Nii-Chan and Kocho-Sama.

-Todoroki-

I follow the directions that Tokitou-Kun gave me, and I see a big mansion. It appears to be very traditional.  I pass through the gate, and knock on the door. A beautiful woman with short black and purple hair pulled back with a butterfly clip answers.

"Oh my. You must be Todoroki-Kun. Come on inside." She says smiling. As I walk past her, I realize how short she is. She can't be more than five feet. "The dining room is this way."

I follow her through the mansion and see Tokitou and two girls laying out the placemats. Both have black hair and butterfly clips. One has her hair pulled into a side ponytail and pink eyes. The other has two pigtails and blue eyes. When Tokitou sees me he waves.

"I apologize if you do not usually sit on the floor. Tomioka-San and I are both from villages out beyond the city. Oh my! I never introduced myself. I am Shinobu Kocho."

"It is very nice to meet you, Kocho-Sama." I reply.

Tokitou rushes over to me and grabs my hand, pulling me to the kitchen. "I hope you like soba." He says.

"Oh my, goodbye." Kocho smiles.

"I didn't realize you had siblings." I exclaim.

"We aren't related. Kocho sama often takes in orphans like Aoi, Kanao, and I. But her and Nii-Chan are about to have a baby."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you were an orphan." I apologize.

"It's fine. I don't remember my family at all."
He reaches to grab a roll off of a tray, but a hand grabs his wrist. I look and see Tomioka-San. As usual there is no expression on his face. Tokitou grins and pulls his hand away.

Ever since USJ, he has acted like a different person. He is remembering things better, and is not so aloof.  It is fun to see him act his age.
There is another knock on the door and Tomioka-San looks up in surprise. The three of us head out to the main area, Tomioka carrying the trays of food, and see one of the girls answer the door.

"HELLO YOUNG KANAO!" A voice booms. "IS KOCHO-SAMA HERE?"

I cover my ears in surprise. Tomioka sets the trays on the low table and heads to the entryway.

"Rengoku-San." He says softly. "Shinobu is on a call for work."

"I SEE. MAY I COME IN?" This Rengoku says.
Tomioka opens the door wider and the man comes in. I get my first look at him. He has orange and red hair that reminds me of fire and bushy eyebrows. He is also wearing a haori.
"I SEE YOU HAVE A GUEST!" He shouts. This man is seriously loud.

"Yes. This is Mui's friend, Todoroki."

"AH! YOU MUST BE ENDEAVOR'S SON!"

"Yeah. He is my old man." I reply, trying to hide my dislike of him.

"You are more than welcome to join us for dinner, Rengoku-Sama." The other girl, who by process of elimination is Aoi, offers.

"IT IS QUITE ALRIGHT! I ONLY WANTED TO COME SEE HOW KOCHO IS DOING!"

"She is well. She is still working full time."

"I SEE! PLEASE GIVE HER MY REGARDS, TOMIOKA-SAN!"

The loud man leaves and I rub my forehead.
"I apologize, Todoroki-Kun. That is one of my coworkers. He is very enthusiastic." Tomioka says. "I was unaware he would be coming."

"It is alright."

"I heard Rengoku-San." Kocho says, entering from a side room.

"He was only stopping by. Shall we eat?"

The meal is delicious and there is conversation bouncing back and forth. Lots of it is asking about what UA is like. By the time all the food is cleaned up, it is dark outside. It is surprising when Tomioka kisses Kocho and pats Tokitou's head before heading out.

"Where is he going?" I ask.

"He has work. He is a security guard." Kocho explains.

I don't know why, but I feel like there is something off about this whole family. They seem nice enough, but there is something that doesn't add up.