Part 12

-Muichiro-

It takes a few weeks for me to feel normal again. Before I know it, it is time for final exams. I struggle with exams. Momo has been helping me study, but I am at a big disadvantage because I skipped two years of middle school.

I silently watch as my classmates go up against the teachers, most pass but some fail. Soon it is my turn. I'm paired with the guy who has tape dispensers on his elbows. I think his name is Sero.

We are against Midnight, who can emit a sleeping gas from her skin. It's pretty similar to my quirk actually. While Sero and I are making a plan, she ambushes us. Sero gets knocked out, but that also means I can use my quirk to its fullest.

I lead her away from the exit gate before taking a deep breath and emitting mist. I put out as much as I can, and it fills most of the arena. I have never gone to my max like this before, and I'm getting a bit drowsy. When I can sense her nearby, I freeze her. I hear her gasp of surprise and start running. As I run, my foot catches on a rock and I feel a searing pain in my ankle. I lose my concentration and the mist starts to fade.

I can see the gate, but I don't think I can walk. I quickly grab my sword and tear a strip of fabrics from my tunic using it to bind my ankle. Using my sword as a crutch, I hobble towards the gate.

"That was clever, Tokitou." Midnight says from behind me. Only a few more feet to go.  Knowing that I am almost in range of her whip, I turn around and use most of my remaining strength to obscure myself in mist. Then, I lunge towards the gate, just barely passing through before passing out.

"Is he going to be okay?"

"Yes, his only injury is his ankle, which is broken, other than that he is fine."

Whose voices are these? Something brushes my cheek and the pain in my ankle mostly fades. I'm super sleepy now... I think I'm going to nap...