Part 13

-Kanroji-

"I really don't want to knock you out, Obanai-Chan! What if  I hurt you?" I cry.

"Mitsuri, we have been over this. We need someone to warn the heroes of the 'demons' but if we straight up tell them, they would arrest us for murder. Just knock me out already. The police will be here soon." he argues. When I still hesitate he grabs my hand and puts it by his temple.

"I just don't want to hurt you..." I whisper.

"You could never hurt me." He promises. With that I hit him on the temple and he crumples to the ground unconscious. Kaburamaru slithers to Obanai's chest and takes a protective stance.

"Keep him safe, Kaburamaru." I beg before disappearing into the shadows.

-Aizawa-

The scene is like that of a nightmare. There are three people dead and possibly a fourth one. The snake sitting on his chest won't let anyone get close enough to take his pulse. He doesn't appear to be severely injured, but there is a bit of blood oozing from a cut near his left temple. If he is alive, it could give us valuable insight into both this new villain and the vigilantes who have sprung up over the past year.

I hear an ear piercing scream behind me and I turn to see a young woman, appearing to be around the age of 20, covering her mouth in horror. Her hair is mostly pink, but near the ends it is green. She has it pulled back in three braids. Her eyes are a vibrant green.

"Ma'am, this is an ongoing investigation. I am going to have to ask you to leave." I tell her.

"Is Obanai-Chan alright? What happened? I only left to buy some sakura mochi..." She sobs. It seems someone close to her is among the victims.

"Do you know one of the victims? If you could help with identifying them that would be wonderful."

"Y-yeah... Obanai-Chan has Kaburamaru on his chest and the bandage around his lower face. We are... he's my..." She stutters, holding back tears. "Is he going to be okay?"

"I don't know. We are unable to get close to him because of the snake." I explain.

The woman snaps her fingers and crouches down. "Come here, Kaburamaru." she calls. I watch in surprise as the snake slithers over to her, and she lets it crawl up to rest around her neck.

"Obanai-Chan is blind in one eye. Kaburamaru helps him see." she tells me, petting the snake.

"Stay back Miss." I tell her, rushing to take Obanai's pulse. Luckily he is still alive, merely unconscious. The woman is nervously waiting behind me, but when Obanai stirs, she rushes forwards and cradles his head.

"Obanai-Chan? Obanai-Chan!" she exclaims as his eyes flicker open.

"M-mitsuri? My head hurts." He says weakly.