Part 11

-Tomioka-

It was just like losing Sabito all over again. I can tell no one knows what to say. Kanroji, Himejima, and Mui are all crying, Shinobu is smiling, but I know she is just hiding her true feelings. The smile doesn't even come close to reaching her eyes. Shinazugawa and Uzui just look shocked. Iguro is the only one who seems fine, but I notice that his snake is limper than usual.

I take a deep breath and say something softly. "He was a good person..."

"Ara ara, Tomioka-San... it is unusual for you to speak first..." Shinobu teases half heartedly. I notice her lip quiver slightly, so I walk over to her and hug her. She leans into my chest and I feel her tears silently soak my tunic. I can feel her baby bump and I flinch slightly when the baby kicks.

"It has been doing that all week." She whispers.
I kiss her on the forehead and hold her closer. The rest of the evening passes by in silence until there is a knock on the door.

-Todoroki-

That evening, I was watching the news with Fuyumi, when it started talking about a villain attack that happened early this morning.

Breaking News
After a villain attack on the Mugen Train, police shut down stations all over. Of the 200 passengers there was only one fatality. Kyojuro Rengoku used his quirk to protect everyone onboard the train, but unfortunately was killed by the villain.

I leap to my feet. "I'll be back soon."

"Where are you going, Shoto?" She asks.

I don't answer as I rush out of the house. It's a cold night so I quickly put on a hat and gloves. I sprint to Tokitou's house, and hesitate by the door. Should I knock? Is it too soon? No, I'm his friend, I should be there for him.
I knock softly on the door. After about 20 seconds it opens. I was expecting someone who lives here, but instead it is a tall man with short white hair and a bunch of scars.

"What do you want, kid?" He asks.

"Umm... is Tokitou-Kun here?" I ask.

"Who is asking?"

"I'm his friend. I saw the news and wanted to make sure he was-" the man shuts the door in my face. "-okay."

I stood there for a minute confused. Where are Tokitou, Kocho, and Tomioka. The door opens again, and this time it is Tokitou. His eyes are red and puffy so I reach forwards and hug him. He leans into the hug.

"I'm so sorry, Tokitou-Kun." I say softly.

"Y-you can come in..." he mutters. His voice is raw and empty.

"I don't want to intrude."

"Please. Nii-Chan is busy comforting Kocho-Sama."

"Okay. I can come in."

The next day at school, The whole class is talking about Tokitou's odd departure and reaction to being asked if he is okay.

"I wonder what happened. He looked so heartbroken." Ashido says.

"I hope he is okay." Midoriya states.
Iida is oddly quiet.

"I wonder if it is related to the train attack." Momo mutters. I lock eyes with her and some kind of understanding passes between us. I only see Tokitou enter because he sits in front of her. He isn't even wearing his uniform. Neither of us say anything, knowing that the moment he is noticed he will be swarmed.

When everyone sits down, Tokoyami notices Tokitou. Before he can say anything, I get his attention and shake my head. I think he understands.

As class continues, everyone is oblivious to Tokitou's presence until Aizawa calls on him.
"Tokitou, why should a hero protect everyone including villains?" He asks.

The class whirls around and sees Tokitou. He hasn't said a word since arriving, and he is eating some noodles.

"I don't care if villains die. They only hurt people..." he says softly. The room goes so quiet you could hear a pin drop. It's Midoriya who finally says something.

"You don't really think that, right?" He asks.

"I don't know what I think. I just want to go home."

None of the teachers called on Tokitou for the rest of the day. After school, he is walking with me to the gate when Iida approaches. Before he can even say anything, Tokitou cuts him off.
"Whatever you are going to say, I don't want to hear it, four eyes. Just leave me alone."

"Tokitou, I know you are sad, but I think Iida-San just wanted to ask how you are doing. You can't push us all away." I tell him.

"You don't have to be so formal... You can call me Muichiro..." he finally says.

"Okay, Muichiro, we are your classmates and we are worried about you. Don't push us away." I amend.

"I don't usually have anyone to push away. At least I don't think I do... I can't remember..."

"I was only going to say that if you ever need to talk it is my duty as your class representative to be here for you." Iida says before walking away.

"I kinda wish I could forget Rengoku-Sama like I did my family. It wouldn't hurt so much then..." Muichirou mutters, clearly holding back tears.