Part 10

-Muichiro-

It has been a few days since the meeting, and Rengoku just left to take care of a demon on a train. At least, that is what he said. I'm in hero class when the principal walks in.

"So sorry to interrupt, but I need to speak with Tokitou-Kun." He says.

I am confused when I stand up and walk over to him. He leads me out into the hall. I am surprised to see Nii-Chan standing there.
"Nii-Chan?"

"I will let you explain, Tomioka-San." Nezu says, walking away.

"Rengoku died in a train accident early this morning. I didn't want you to find out by seeing it on the news."

Wait, Rengoku is dead. My eyes fill with tears as I remember how nice he has always been to me. "Can we go home..." I whimper

"I already cleared it with the principal." Nii-Chan tells me. "Just go grab your stuff."

I quickly walk back into class, not looking at anyone, but a couple of people notice me. When I grab my stuff someone finally says something.

"What's wrong, Tokitou-Kun?" Black ponytail asks. I just glance up and then back at my bag before leaving the room.

As Nii-Chan and I walk out of the school, we run into Iida who was sent to grab something for Allmight.

"What are you doing, Tokitou-Kun? Why are you not in class?" He asks, preparing to lecture me.

"Shut up, Iida. Leave me alone." I mutter. I am shocked at how broken my voice sounds and Nii-Chan puts his arm around my shoulders. We walk away from Iida's protests before Nii-Chan finally stops and turns around.

"You should realize that he is with an adult which means he most likely has permission to be out of class. You may be the class representative, but that does not mean you need to know every single thing that is going on in your classmates' lives. Shouldn't you be in class anyways?"  He says, talking to someone the most I've ever heard, other than Kocho-Sama of course.

Iida is frozen in shock as Nii-Chan leads me out of the school. When we reach Butterfly Mansion, the rest of the Hashira are there.  They are all sad to different degrees, but Kanroji is definitely the most heartbroken. Rengoku was her mentor not to mention he saved her life. Iguro is comforting her, his snake cuddling against her cheek.

When Nii-Chan  and I enter, most of the Hashira look over. Only Kanroji whose face is now buried in her hands and Iguro who is focused on comforting her don't.

We are all depressed and no one knows what to say, until, surprisingly, Nii-Chan speaks.