Chapter 5: Everything is Okie Dokie

Floyd and Clay came back from their outing in Pop village looking worse for wear. They didn't get any good information from the trolls that attended the party. It was all useless until the two met up with Viva and Poppy outside the bunker as they were about to enter. The two girls explained what was happening now with the new reprised list of trolls.

Floyd and Clay looked over the list as they cringed at a couple of names that were on it while others they didn't know to a few that they knew and were friends to.

"Were some of these trolls really at the party?" Clay had to ask because there was one name that stuck out from the rest. One that Branch in particular didn't like.

"Yes. They all came." Poppy confirmed when they got onto the lift and descended.

"I really think we should erase this one off the list before our baby brother sees." Floyd suggested as he pointed to a name.

Poppy looked as her eyes widened. She silently screamed before looking at Viva. "I told you not to add his name, that we would discuss it in private!"

"Oh my gosh... I'm so sorry! I thought you said to add his name, you were mumbling at the time so I didn't quite hear you!" Viva quickly searched through her wild hair as they came to a stop. She took out a pencil.

"Quick! Erase it!!" Poppy yelled and just as Viva was about to, the paper was snatched from their grasp.

"What are you four trying to hide?" Branch squinted his eyes as he backed up from Poppy trying to reach for the paper. He then ran as he looked at the list, his eyes immediately catching a name he dare not speak.

"Branch..." Poppy smiled sweetly as she lightly tapped his shoulder in a comforting manner. "It's going to be okay sweetie." She tried.

Branch seethed in anger as he ripped the papers in half and turned around while shouting,

"CREEEEEEK?! REALLY?!"

Poppy gave him a half unsure smile while nodding. "Yea, he had been trying to grow out a small beard and mustache the last month. I'm so sorry."

"AAAGGGGGHH!!" Branch fell to his knees as he tightly clenched the papers before sucking in a deep breath and exhaling to calm himself.

"Branch??" Poppy was concerned.

"Are you okay?" Floyd asked next as the rest of his brothers and Viva stayed behind them. They hadn't seen Branch so angry before and then doing a complete 180.

"Oh yea, I'm fine." Branch chuckled as he got up and handed Poppy the papers. "Sorry I ripped them, you and Viva worked so hard on the list." He apologized as a large unsettling smile was on his face as he walked past them.

Poppy raised an eyebrow as she watched him keep walking and heading for the- "Wait, where are you going?!"

"Oh, nowhere important, just going to commit a small crime is all." Branch was gonna KILL him.

"Ah! Someone stop him!" Poppy shouted and that's when everyone jumped in to detain him. The next thing the troll knew, he was being placed on a chair and yarn was tied around him to keep him in place.

"Is THIS really necessary?!" Branch struggled against his restraints.

"Yes." They all said, not sure what he would've done if he got away.

Poppy ignored him for now when she tacked the pages to the clue board while getting a marker out. "John." She turned to him and he was all ears. "Do you know if the beard or mustache was long, short or maybe reduced to more of a stubble?"

"It definitely wasn't long." John was sure he would have felt otherwise but he couldn't deduce anymore than that since he was kinda out of his mind that night while it was filled with nothing but pleasure. Although, now looking at some of the names had made him realize that the mystery troll- "They weren't small either." He concluded.