Chapter 12: Kismet

Ablaze was making his way over to the Clue board when his band members all hounded him on where he went, mostly Trickee since he was whining about missing something exciting. He ignored them a bit before telling them that John was pregnant and that he could potentially be the father. He wasn't going to say anything but he didn't want them to do what he did moments ago since they were more rowdy.

They were all shocked, more so Hype who had walked away and disappeared someplace. Ablaze wondered what that was about. Boom talked about getting a gift for John while Trickee got bored of the conversation after the initial surprise and the two of them left as well.

That's when Ablaze walked up to the clue board and looked at the list with interest when he noticed a name on the Board he had recognized. Only because Branch hated the troll's guts. "How did that criminal get added?" He asked himself when Floyd appeared and walked over to see who he was talking about.

"Oh... well... I mean he really isn't one. Branch exaggerates." Floyd had only met him a few times, more like seen them. He never really interacted but he knew the other troll liked yoga, bugs, and something about being spirituality involved. Whatever that meant.

"Betraying your whole village and almost getting everyone killed isn't a crime?" Ablaze asked with a raised brow.

"When you put it like that... yea..." Floyd couldn't argue with him because he was right in a way but... "The village forgave him after he apologized, is what I heard. He hasn't done anything to really warrant hate since then, besides getting on my little bro's nerves once in a while." That was probably an understatement, at least in Branch's point of view.

"It's good that he is crossed off the list then and JD doesn't have to see the troll again. Can't imagine how stressful that might have been for him." Ablaze felt bad as he started going through the rest of the list, unaware of Floyd's nervousness.

Oh... Floyd knew something BIG but he dared not say it to anyone because he knew Branch would lose it if he discovered that their big brother had been going to see Creek. He only found out recently when he went to look for the eldest in his room one day. He saw something peeking out from under the mattress. Just a small corner of a letter he pulled out and happened to read.

At first, Floyd didn't think much of it, thinking it was platonic at first until he decided to follow him. He was just so curious and at the same time, he just wanted to make sure it was safe for his brother. It definitely was... but what he wasn't expecting to see was the little touches here and there, the blushing of the faces, and most of all was the way his brother looked at Creek at times. It was too much for him to handle so he decided never to do it again nor let his other brothers witness that.

Besides, it seemed like Creek was treating John well enough that he was in a floaty mood and had always brought gifts back, mostly flowers. So yea, he knew the big secret his brother was trying to keep hidden.

"Earth to Floyd, you in there?" Ablaze questioned while snapping his fingers in front of the other.

Floyd shook his thoughts away. "Oh, huh? Yes, what's up?"

"I was curious where all these flowers came from." Ablaze looked at the table where there were three separate small cups with different flowers in them, a shelf with a few, and some in other places. It did make the setting nice and more homely but the brothers never sat them out before.

Well that explained why Floyd's mind switched to flowers suddenly. "Uhh, they were gifts from some of John's friends to congratulate him." He had to look away as he lied. It was too hard to stare into the face of his friend.

"You know, I've noticed this since I've gotten to know you and your brothers, all of you look away when you lie." Ablaze was mildly upset but he didn't press the matter. He liked the flowers anyhow and thought it would be a good idea to get John some.